To end our week, and to complete our list of recent changes, we released a new version of the keying tool earlier today. Each time you use the keying tool we check for updates so there is no need to manually update the tool.
In this latest version of the tool we’ve resolved a few pesky bugs, and adjusted a few items. The most noticeable improvements are:
- The Provide Feedback link is now a Contact Support link.
- A new “Rotate image” feature where you can specify the angle you would like the image rotated.
- In the arbitration screen the Field Helps are now collapsible.
If you have feedback or questions please contact our support team, email@example.com.
In addition to the Keying tool update there are a few other updates I want to make sure you know about. As you may have noticed, over the past few weeks we’ve been working on improving our help resources – we’ve updated the Getting Started Guide , updated many of our help articles, added more message boards and now we have a few more noteworthy improvements.
- An updated tutorial… The tutorial can be viewed section by section depending on your needs – whether you are just beginning or have been keying for a while. Some of the topics covered in the tutorial include why we started the World Archives Project, how you can participate, tips for using the Keying tool and more. It will likely take a few minutes to load the tutorial as it is a large file.
- On the project pages (accessible from your World Archives Project Dashboard) you may have noticed the addition of project specific message boards. Until recently the General World Archives Project message board was inserted at the bottom of the main project page but now you can jump right in to discuss the project you are working on.
If there are improvements you would like to see we would love to hear your ideas, firstname.lastname@example.org.