The 1841 UK Census has arrived, creating a complete England and Wales Census Collection at Ancestry.com. For the first time ever, you can find information on your British ancestors living between 1841 and 1901–all in one convenient place on the web.
This new addition allows you to search 16 million names in the earliest standardized England and Wales census–the first census in British history that includes more than just a statistical count. It includes details about your British ancestorsâ€™ birthplaces, homes, immediate family members, occupations and more.
The every-name index is linked to more than images of the actual census with information about people in your family line. Information collected in this enumeration includes:
- Location (county, city/town, street name)
- Name of each Person who abode therein the preceding Night.
- Profession, Trade, Employment, or of Independent Means
- Whether Born in same County
- Whether born in Scotland, Ireland, or Foreigh Parts
Start searching the following collections now: