If you’ve been putting off ordering great-grandpa’s Civil War Pension file, it’s time to act. The National Archives is revising its fees for making copies of records. Below are the proposed prices for some commonly requested records:
- Passenger arrival listsÂ (NATF Form 81) $25.00
- Federal Census requestsÂ (NATF Form 82) $25.00
- Eastern Cherokee applications to the Court of ClaimsÂ (NATF Form 83) $25.00
- Land entry records (NATF Form 84) $40.00
- Full pension file more than 75Â years old–Civil War period (NATF Form 85) $125.00
- Full pension file more than 75Â years old–non-Civil War (NATF Form 85) $60.00
- Pension documents packet–selectedÂ records (NATF Form 85) $25.00
- Bounty land warrant applicationÂ files (NATF Form 85) $25.00
- Military service files more than 75 years oldÂ (NATF Form 86) $25.00
NARA invites interested persons to submit comments on this proposed rule. Comments may be submitted by any of the following methods:
Â Â Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
Â Â Fax: Submit comments by facsimile transmission to 301-837-0319.
Â Â Mail: Send comments to Regulations Comments Desk (NPOL), Room 4100, Policy and Planning Staff, National Archives and Records Administration, 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD 20740-6001.
Â Â Hand Delivery or Courier: Deliver comments to 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD.