Ancestry.com is a site dedicated to family history. It’s a place to learn about family members who came before. With billions of records at your fingertips, the odds of finding a relative are pretty good.
Aside from searching our historical records collections, you can easily organize your family history. Create detailed profiles for each family member, upload personal photographs and documents for safekeeping, add biographical timelines – even record and save oral histories and video. Not quite up to the task of gathering your family history by yourself? Invite other family members into your tree to help and to share with them what you’ve already created.
Ancestry.com is not new to the field of family history. We’ve been in the online business for more than a decade, and a lot of folks come to us to discover their roots. More than 1 million people subscribe to our site, and they tend to keep pretty busy. They have:
- Created 12 million family trees
- Added more than 1.25 billion profiles to the trees
- Uploaded 26 million photo, scanned documents, written stories and audio clips
For those of you who know us well, did you know:
- Most names: The largest family tree on Ancestry.com contains 260,000 names
- Most photos: One family tree on our site houses 3,500 photos
- Most shared: One Ancestry.com user has shared his tree with 180 people
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us better. We look forward to your feedback in helping us shape and develop an even greater product. If you have a customer service issue, we recommend that you visit Ancestry.com Support, or contact our Member Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-ANCESTRY for the fastest path to resolution.