Ancestry® is a family and a community, even when we’re not together – which is why we are continuing to share resources and new ways for people to make family history discoveries from home.
As a long-term partner of the National Genealogical Society (NGS) and a sponsor of the annual NGS Family History Conference, we will be participating in the now all-virtual event, starting with NGS 2020 Live! on May 20, 2020, and continuing with on-demand lectures available starting July 1, 2020.
“We are so glad to be able to provide this level of education to our genealogy friends during a very challenging time,” said Matt Menashes, NGS Executive Director. “And we’re thankful to Ancestry and all of our other partners, volunteers, sponsors, exhibitors, and especially our staff who have made this virtual Family History Conference possible.”
The virtual conference will include the latest genealogy news in presentations, with some sessions hosted by experts from Ancestry. The livestream sessions will be followed by a brief moderated Q&A to allow attendees to learn even more from Ancestry experts. Beginning on 1 July, registered attendees will also be able to stream their additional webinars on-demand, along with the featured presentations from the NGS 2020 Live! Event.
Streaming Live, starting May 20, 2020 at 11 am ET
- 1:30 – 2:10 pm ET – What’s New on Ancestry – Hosted by Crista Cowan, Corporate Genealogist at Ancestry and the ‘Barefoot Genealogist’
On Demand, available starting July 1, 2020
- Getting the Most Out of Ancestry – Hosted by Crista Cowan
- Ancestry Tools for DNA Discoveries – Hosted by Crista Cowan
- Using DNA to Solve Unknown Parentage – Hosted by Crista Cowan
- Putting Your Ancestors in Historical Perspective with Newspapers.com™ – Hosted by Anne Mitchell, Sr. Product Manager at Ancestry
For more information about the 2020 NGS Family History Conference and to register, visit conference.ngsgenealogy.org.