Welcome to our weekly update on the new Ancestry website. Last week we posted an article that covered the List of All People feature and we plan to introduce features that make Facts view and Person Page even better in the upcoming week.
As a reminder, as of December 15th, 2015, the old website will be retired and the new Ancestry will be the only Ancestry website. We will continue providing these posts as needed to ensure you have the latest update on the features available and the features the team is working on.
As always, we have also included links to articles and videos at the end of this post that will help answer your questions and provide more tips on the new site.
Features we will introduce:
All Media Types Available on Facts Timeline: If you have previously attached stories, audio, or video recordings to a fact, these will now show as attached to that fact. In addition, any media that you have attached to the person is now available to add to all the existing and new facts you create.
Trees Pages return to the Person Page: Tree Pages menu options are now available on the person page. To access this, select the name of your tree. Now, to view your tree, you can either select the first option in the tree pages menu or the tree icon to the left of the tree name.
Tree Owner Information: We will also add the tree owner information to the person pages. When you are viewing a tree that you’re not invited to, the “guest” badge will no longer show – some of our members expressed confusion about this, and we agree that it’s more important to know your status as someone invited to the tree.
Features we are still working on:
- Continue Search: Option to keep searching from within your tree versus right clicking to open new records
- Family Group Sheet: A family view of the of the person and their family
Issues reported this week:
- Some users are finding it difficult to navigate the new site
- White font on a dark background is hard for some users to see
- Facebook import is not working
- Relationship to me string is randomly not appearing
- Some users dislike the color scheme
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to keep submitting it. What do you love about the new website? Did you find a bug? Something doesn’t quite work like you think it should? Please submit it via this form. Thank you. We will be providing more updates over the next couple of weeks.
- Learn About Your Ancestors Using the Latest from Ancestry
- What’s New at Ancestry: June 2015 Edition
- Enhance Your Research with Ancestry’s New LifeStory
- Video Overview of the new Ancestry
- Frequently Asked Questions about New Ancestry
- Quick Start Card – Person Facts View
- New Ancestry Customer Forum
- Announcing the New Ancestry Website
- The New Facts View: Make Sure You Are Climbing YOUR Family Tree and Not Someone Else’s
- Ancestry LifeStory: The Life Lived in the Dash