Welcome to our weekly update on the new Ancestry website. Last week we posted an article that covered Member Connect and Military Pages, and in the upcoming weeks, we will re-introduce more options under the “Find Person in this tree” menu on the person page.
More importantly, as of December 15th, 2015, the old website will be retired and the new Ancestry will be the only Ancestry website. We will continue providing these posts as needed to ensure you have the latest update on the features available and the features the team is working on.
As always, we have also included links to articles and videos at the end of this post that will help answer your questions and provide more tips on the new site.
Features we will introduce:
List of All People – You will have an additional option of navigating directly to the home person of the tree, or to the list of all people in the tree. Our members gave us feedback that it takes much longer to return to the Tree Viewer to access this option, and we are excited to rebuild this functionality directly into the new person page.
Click on the icon to access “Home Person” or “List of All People”:
Features we are still working on:
- Family Group Sheet – A family view of the of the person and their family
- Continue Search – Option to keep searching from within your tree versus right clicking to open new records
Issues reported this week:
- Some members are getting a blank page when trying to view original record images
- Merge Duplicates tool was not working earlier in the week (this has been resolved)
- Some members do not like the generic thumbnails that are showing up for hints
- Members would like to be able to attach stories to Facts
- Some members are upset that the Military Pages cannot be edited in new Ancestry
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to keep submitting it. What do you love about the new website? Did you find a bug? Something doesn’t quite work like you think it should? Please submit it via this form. Thank you. We will be providing more updates over the next couple of weeks.
- Learn About Your Ancestors Using the Latest from Ancestry
- What’s New at Ancestry: June 2015 Edition
- Enhance Your Research with Ancestry’s New LifeStory
- Video Overview of the new Ancestry
- Frequently Asked Questions about New Ancestry
- Quick Start Card – Person Facts View
- New Ancestry Customer Forum
- Announcing the New Ancestry Website
- The New Facts View: Make Sure You Are Climbing YOUR Family Tree and Not Someone Else’s
- Ancestry LifeStory: The Life Lived in the Dash