Welcome to our weekly update on the new Ancestry website. Last week we posted an article that covered media improvements and this week we are happy to announce that Member Connect and Military Pages have been introduced into the site.
As always, we have also included links to articles and videos at the end of this post that will help answer your questions and provide more tips on the new site.
Features we introduced:
Member Connect – You can contact other members who are also researching your ancestors to share your research questions, findings, and more.
Click on Tools and go to Member Connect:
Show the Research Tool Bar and you can find Member Connect and Print.
Military Pages – We brought back view only version of Military Pages so you can continue to access the content you have created.
Click on the military badge icon to go to your ancestor’s military page
Features we are still working on
- Family Group Sheet – A family view of the of the person and their family
- Continue Search – option to keep searching from within your tree versus right clicking to open new records.
Issues reported this week
Below are some of the issues that surfaced from your feedback this week.
- Users are sometimes getting a blank page when trying to view original record images
- Merge duplicates feature is not working correctly
- The auto-fill, type ahead locations are not appearing in some cases when adding or updating the locations in a tree
- The relationship calculator randomly not appearing
- Users would like options to change the color scheme in their tree to their preference
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to keep submitting it. What do you love about the new website? Did you find a bug? Something doesn’t quite work like you think it should? Please submit it via this form. Thank you. We will be providing more updates over the next couple of weeks.
- Learn About Your Ancestors Using the Latest from Ancestry
- What’s New at Ancestry: June 2015 Edition
- Enhance Your Research with Ancestry’s New LifeStory
- Video Overview of the new Ancestry
- Frequently Asked Questions about New Ancestry
- Quick Start Card – Person Facts View
- New Ancestry Customer Forum
- Announcing the New Ancestry Website
- The New Facts View: Make Sure You Are Climbing YOUR Family Tree and Not Someone Else’s
- Ancestry LifeStory: The Life Lived in the Dash