Welcome to our weekly update on the new Ancestry website. Last week we posted an article that highlighted some of your favorite features that will be coming into the new Ancestry in the coming weeks. These include Member Connect and Military Pages.
We are also close to having thumbnail images available in the timeline on the FACTS view as well as providing several print options for you. We hoped to release these two features this week, but need a few more days to complete the work and will advise when they are ready.
As always, we have also included links to articles and videos at the end of this post that will help answer your questions and provide more tips on the new site.
Features we currently working on:
- Thumbnails of images you have attached to events on the Facts view
- Print Options – is in development
- Member Connect – We will bring back Member Connect under the Facts View tools. You can contact other members who are also researching your ancestors to share your research questions, findings, and more.
- Military Pages – Some of you have done great research around your ancestors’ military background and stories. We will bring back view only version of Military Pages so you can continue to access the content you have created.
- Family Group Sheet – A family view of the of the person and their family
- Continue Search – option to keep searching from within your tree versus right clicking to open new records.
Top Issues Reported
Below is a status on the issues surfacing from your feedback.
- Some frustration with Historical Insights. Sometimes, insights are hinting when they shouldn’t be, dates are incorrect, locations are wrong, etc. They could be more accurate.
- Relationship calculator randomly not appearing on trees.
- Dark background white font is hard to see
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to keep submitting it. What do you love about the new website? Did you find a bug? Something doesn’t quite work like you think it should? Please submit it via this form. Thank you. We will be providing more updates over the next couple of weeks.
- Learn About Your Ancestors Using the Latest from Ancestry
- What’s New at Ancestry: June 2015 Edition
- Enhance Your Research with Ancestry’s New LifeStory
- Video Overview of the new Ancestry
- Frequently Asked Questions about New Ancestry
- Quick Start Card – Person Facts View
- New Ancestry Customer Forum
- Announcing the New Ancestry Website
- The New Facts View: Make Sure You Are Climbing YOUR Family Tree and Not Someone Else’s
- Ancestry LifeStory: The Life Lived in the Dash