Welcome to our weekly update on the new Ancestry website. Last week we posted an article that covered the square profile images and photo-cropping tools and we are working behind the scenes this week to introduce more of your favorite features to the new Ancestry in the coming weeks.
As always, we have also included links to articles and videos at the end of this post that will help answer your questions and provide more tips on the new site.
Features we will introduce:
- Member Connect – We will bring back Member Connect under the Facts View tools. You can contact other members who are also researching your ancestors to share your research questions, findings, and more.
- Military Pages – Some of you have done great research around your ancestors’ military background and stories. We will bring back view only version of Military Pages so you can continue to access the content you have created.
You will be able to access Military Pages via the military badge (in the green circle)
Features we are still working on
- Family Group Sheet – A family view of the of the person and their family
- Continue Search – option to keep searching from within your tree versus right clicking to open new records.
Issues reported this week
Below are some of the issues that surfaced from your feedback this week.
- Some frustration with Historical Insights. Sometimes, insights are hinting when they shouldn’t be, dates are incorrect, locations are wrong, etc. They could be more accurate.
- Relationship calculator randomly not appearing on trees.
- People are confused about if there is a photo cropping tool/how it works.
- People want to see the thumbnail of photos attached to events on their trees.
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to keep submitting it. What do you love about the new website? Did you find a bug? Something doesn’t quite work like you think it should? Please submit it via this form. Thank you. We will be providing more updates over the next couple of weeks.
- Learn About Your Ancestors Using the Latest from Ancestry
- What’s New at Ancestry: June 2015 Edition
- Enhance Your Research with Ancestry’s New LifeStory
- Video Overview of the new Ancestry
- Frequently Asked Questions about New Ancestry
- Quick Start Card – Person Facts View
- New Ancestry Customer Forum
- Announcing the New Ancestry Website
- The New Facts View: Make Sure You Are Climbing YOUR Family Tree and Not Someone Else’s
- Ancestry LifeStory: The Life Lived in the Dash