Welcome to our weekly update on the new Ancestry website. Last week we posted an article that covered the upcoming feature of photo cropping. This coming week we will roll out a new enhancement on LifeStory.
As always, we have also included links to articles and videos at the end of this post that will help answer your questions and provide more tips on the new site.
Features we will introduce:
- Show all events on LifeStory – this new feature will enable you to show all facts and events in theLifeStory view. Currently, we only show events like birth, death, residence, and etc. on LifeStory with auto-generated narratives. Very soon, you can easily view and create your own stories behind any facts or events for your ancestors on LifeStory.
By the way, now if you prefer showing a specific fact on LifeStory not already shown, there is an option to do so. Go to Facts View, and click on the fact/event you want to see on LifeStory. Under “LIFESTORY OPTIONS” you can create a story title, add your own narratives, and check “Show on LifeStory.” Voila, now that fact will also be reflected on LifeStory view.
Pick the fact/event you would like to show on LifeStory:
This is how it will show up on LifeStory:
If you don’t want to show it any more on the LifeStory you can hide that fact.
Features that we are still working on:
- Profile picture cropping – Edit/crop a profile photo to fit in the circular photo space.
- Member Connect – Find other members researching a similar ancestor and save info from their family trees.
- Family Group Sheet – A family view of the of the person and their family.
Top Reported Issues
Below is a status on the top issues surfacing from your feedback.
- Inaccurate narrations in LifeStory and Facts view– We are looking at the language in the narrations and how to better generate narratives.
- Photos added to events to appear as thumbnails in Facts view– Thank you for your feedback on this. We are evaluating whether to include this functionality in the new Ancestry site.
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to keep submitting it. What do you love about the new website? Did you find a bug? Something doesn’t quite work like you think it should? Please submit it via this form. Thank you.
We will be providing more updates over the next couple of weeks.
- Video Overview of the new Ancestry
- Frequently Asked Questions about New Ancestry
- Quick Start Card – Person Facts View
- New Ancestry Customer Forum
- Announcing the New Ancestry Website
- The New Facts View: Make Sure You Are Climbing YOUR Family Tree and Not Someone Else’s
- Ancestry LifeStory: The Life Lived in the Dash