Today, we announced a new AncestryDNA experience called “New Ancestor Discoveries” based on years of research and development by our science team that is revolutionizing the way people discover, preserve, and share their family history. New Ancestor Discoveries combines DNA testing with the power of 65 million trees to help you discover your story in a way never before possible—until now. Learn more about the announcement here.
We’re excited to share what this new experience looks like. Since not everyone will have a New Ancestor Discovery yet, we’d like to give you a preview of what to expect when you do. Watch Kenny Freestone, AncestryDNA’s Director of Product, give a tour of New Ancestor Discoveries and what you could discover for your own family story.
How can New Ancestor Discoveries help you?
- Find ancestors you may have never known, even if you know absolutely nothing about your family history, through this high-tech combination of DNA, family trees, and family history expertise.
- Cross the pond in your research with new ancestors from England, Ireland, Germany, Denmark, and more.
- Go back as far as the 1700s in an instant through your AncestryDNA test.
- Find relatives that you may never have found with family trees or historical records alone.
- Grow your family tree with genetic evidence.
New Ancestor Discoveries represents the next BIG step for unlocking the family stories in your DNA. Your DNA knows something that you don’t. It’s time to discover it.
Check out our new step-by-step guide on “Getting the Most from Your New Ancestor Discoveries.”