Today we’re announcing the release of Family Tree Maker 2010. This version has many improvements and new features specifically aimed at helping you create and share a fuller and richer family story.
The following new and improved features expand Family Tree Maker’s capabilities:
- Improved integration with Ancestry.com – Easily download your Ancestry.com family tree, including photos and stories, directly into Family Tree Maker 2010.
- New and improved charts and reports – Tell a richer family story with countless improvements to charts and reports including a new timeline report, improved family group sheet and genealogy reports.
- Better ways to organize photos and other media – Easier and faster ways to add, link and categorize photos and files.
- Photo Slideshows – Create and share slideshows based on images included within your family tree. Slideshows can also be exported to share with others.
- Family books made from your tree – Create a book about your family history to share with friends and family.
- Standard source templates – Cite the right information in your records with access to powerful sourcing tools that let you document and rate each citation.
- Robust relationship calculator – Quickly calculate the relationships between any two people in your tree.
- Extended family birthday calendars – Easily create and share calendars that show family birthdays and anniversaries.
- Scanner support – Add photos to your tree directly from your scanner and organize them into categories at the same time.
- Extensive geographical migrations – View a person or family timeline with event locations, like births, marriages, residences and death, mapped geographically to show migration paths you can follow through time.
- Improved performance – faster load times and quicker performance across the application.
You can see more detail about these features and others here.
Family Tree Maker 2010 is available for purchase here.