Today we are making available a minor update to Family Tree Maker. The update resolves a few key issues in Family Tree Maker 2009.
To receive the update,
- Start Family Tree Maker 2009.*
- An update notice will appear with options to “Update” or “Remind Me Later.”
- If you click “Update” another screen will appear. Make sure “Family Tree Maker 2009” is checked and click “Update.”
- A third screen will give you options about installing or scheduling the update.
- Click “Start” to begin the update.
If you decide not to update now, you can install the update later by choosing “Check For Updates” from the “Help” menu in Family Tree Maker 2009.
For more information on the update, visit Family Tree Maker Update.
* Note: If you’re running Vista with User Account Control (UAC) turned on, run Family Tree Maker 2009 as an administrator to start the update. To do this, right-click on the Family Tree Maker 2009 icon on your desktop and choose “Run as administrator” from the menu.