Two weeks ago I said I’d be posting every Monday. And so far, that’s the only Monday I’ve posted. Consistency is not easy! First, there was Labor Day so I wasn’t here at work but out enjoying the last hours of summer here in the mountains. This weekend I made a quick (very quick) trip to California to spend Sunday with my grandmother for her 87th birthday. Family came from all over the west coast – all four of her children and their spouses, six of her twelve grandchildren, and four of her ten great-grandchildren. It was a fantastic day! But, then there was the long drive home yesterday. With no internet at grandma’s house and no internet in the Nevada desert, Monday Milestones has turned into a Tuesday Teaser about some things going on here at the Ancestry World Archives Project this week. I’ll do better next week!
· The England Newspaper Index Cards (also known as the Andrews Collection) is nearing the 80% complete mark. That’s exciting because this is one of the first projects we launched with over a year ago. Over 4300 of you have participated in this unique keying experience. Our top keyer on this project (lmerrall) has keyed over 51,000 records.
· Another large project, the Illinois Naturalization Indexes, jointly sponsored by the Illinois State Genealogical Society and the Polish Genealogical Society of America, crossed the 75% complete mark this past week. This project’s top keyer (gocken317) has keyed over 60,000 of these records.
· Thanks to ALL of you working on these two mammoth projects, and the other 36 projects currently in process.
· Melissa posted earlier today about an update made to our latest tool release. This fixes a few bugs some of you were experiencing.
· And, finally, watch here for news from Anna of a few new projects being released for keying this week.
Until next time – Happy Keying!