Posted by on 30 June 2011 in Site Status

We are experiencing some temporary site problems with our search functionality. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. Our development and web operations teams are working on the problem and we will have it resolved as quickly as possible.  Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE AS OF JULY 1, 2011 AT 12:00 AM BST

We are pleased to inform everyone that we have restored the majority of the search functionality.  Our teams are continuing to work toward ensuring that you’ll be able to use the site’s search functionality without any issues. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused and truly appreciate your patience through this situation.

UPDATE AS OF JULY 1, 2011 AT 12:25 AM BST

The temporary site problem we experienced earlier has now been resolved.  Your patience was truly appreciated as we worked through this issue. Thank you and happy searching!

Teresa Moy

Still having problems!

30 June 2011 at 10:22 pm
Gareth Thomas

Will you PLEASE learn the difference between GMT and BST. Your update was posted at 12:00am BST not 12:00am GMT which is still 40 minutes in the future!

1 July 2011 at 12:18 am
Graham Petley

I’m finding a problem with the wrong year being returned on GRO searches.
Marjorie E Downton born 2Q 1911, Dartford was returned as born in 1915;
John Lavarack born 2Q 1911, Hendon was returned as born in 1915.
I haven’t seen this sort of error before, and the discrepancy is the same for both people. Has it been introduced by the outage described above?

1 July 2011 at 11:35 pm
John Shires

I still cannot merge records onto Family Tree Maker which renders it useless. This is particularly annoying on the new West Yorkshire records which has lots of content I want to merge onto my records. I did an email to customer services about 5 days ago which has gone unanswered.

2 July 2011 at 3:54 pm
Robert garratt

Can you tell me why i can`t return to the old style search as I prefer that type of searching.
Thanks Bob Garratt

8 July 2011 at 2:08 pm
Chris Salter

I have a problem that I assume is related to the same issue. Suddenly the data entry screen for census and E&W BMD Indexes changed whilst I was logged in. I don’t know if this is a permanent change but it is certainly not as good as the old style search and has seriously slowed my research. Same question as Bob above – why can’t we have the old style search that worked very well? Chris Salter

12 July 2011 at 11:46 am
k

Robert garratt- if you double click on the “Search Tab” wait for the page to change. to the right hand side click on “Old or New Search”

12 July 2011 at 3:45 pm
Chris Salter

Thanks ‘k’. I thought I remembered there was a way of doing it but couldn’t find it. Interestingly I had already submitted this as a question to the technical support team but still haven’t had a reply. Thanks again. Chris Salter

13 July 2011 at 5:47 pm