Posted by on 10 February 2011 in General, Postcard Poser, Record Collections

Who can guess the location of this month’s postcard poser?

For those who are new to this feature on our blog, every month we share a postcard-style photo taken somewhere in the UK. It could be a particular property, a famous landmark, or just a view of the town centre. All you have to do is tell us where and when the photo was taken.

Let’s see how quickly someone can get this months location.. answers in the comments please!

About Kelly

Kelly Godfrey is Senior Manager, Digital Marketing for Ancestry.co.uk. Based in Ancestry's London office in Hammersmith, Kelly regularly tweets and posts on Ancestry's Facebook page as well as here on the blog.

Val Barham

Abingdon Oxfordshire

10 February 2011 at 2:27 pm
Sian Adams

Westminster?

10 February 2011 at 2:36 pm
Christopher Jarvis

I don’t know where this picture was taken- but I can tell you when- At a quarter to elleven.. :-) )

10 February 2011 at 2:40 pm
sarah

Peterborough Town Hall & St John’s Church

10 February 2011 at 2:47 pm
emmlee

The building in the front is the Peterborough Town Hall and it was taken in the 1930′s

10 February 2011 at 2:54 pm
Darren Silk

Definately Peterborough Hall with St. John’s Church in the background. However I think that the building sandwiched between the two I don’t think exists anymore as it looks as if it were built off of the older raised hall structure in the forground. But when I went to Peterborough a few months ago I distinctly remember the archways were open on all four sides. I reckon it may have been a Victorian addition that copied the same style, but I imagine like many old but perfectly good Victorian buildings it went the way of the wrecking ball. Another loss.

10 February 2011 at 3:07 pm
Tweets that mention Postcard Posers – February -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Ancestry.co.uk, Ancestry.co.uk. Ancestry.co.uk said: Who can guess the location of this month's postcard on our blog? http://bit.ly/i1XWsT [...]

10 February 2011 at 3:28 pm
terry

peterbough/ also same building type as tetbury gls

10 February 2011 at 4:07 pm
Ancestry_Kelly

Well done all! I think that @sarah pipped this one so good work Sarah! @Darren Silk is right though, the building in between the Church and Town Hall is no longer there.

We’re clearly going to have to find a really tough one next month to challenge you lot!

Thanks so much for taking part :)

10 February 2011 at 4:12 pm