Posted by on 1 December 2010 in General, Site Features

Advent Calendar

Well, nearly… Advent has arrived, and to celebrate we’ve set up a very special area of the site.

We’ve provided you with your very own Ancestry Advent Calendar. Just like an ordinary advent calendar, this has 25 windows, and you can open one every day in the run-up to Christmas.

However, you won’t find pieces of chocolate behind these windows. Instead, we’ve hidden a selection of family history treats. Throughout December, you’ll uncover prize draws, top tips, fascinating facts and more!

Join the festive fun now!

Jeremy James

Regarding the World Archive project.I was in India in 2004 researching my family and went to several churches, I was appalled at the condition of records that date back to the 1700′s. They were kept in old wooden or metal cupboards where they were subject to bookworm. All these lovely records will in the next ten years be lost forever. Could it be possible for an interested intuition such as yourselves to launch some sort of project too get these records protected

5 December 2010 at 5:00 pm
bromaelor

Jeremy, what does your posting have to do with the Advent Calendar?

5 December 2010 at 5:50 pm
Chris R

Like the advent calendar – but now you’ve removed the advert for it from the Home page and replaced it with the 1911 census.

Also, could you group together the tips and tricks and place them somewhere accessible once Christmas is over please?

Thanks.

9 December 2010 at 8:10 pm
Barbara Jean Cloke

Regarding the prize draw in the advent calander.Why is it only open to UK residents????? I am a memeber of Ancestry,co.uk yet I am not allowed to participate as I live in France.
My membership money is good enough then !!!!

10 December 2010 at 3:46 pm
janet kiernan

unfortunately I can not see any tips or prizes as my doors wont open!!!

12 December 2010 at 11:18 pm
Casablanca Theme Party Attire | Party Costumes Site

[...] attire[/affmage] [affmage source="linkshare" results="1"]casablanca theme party attire[/affmage] [mage lang="en|es|en" source="flickr"]casablanca theme party attire[/mage] Have Christmas Celebratio…onding. The idea of Santa Claus is also taking a backseat with skimpily clad women in red boxers [...]

16 September 2011 at 1:57 pm
She Is My Ex Colleague | M3 System Making Up Made Easy Review

[...] my ex colleague[/affmage] [affmage source="clickbank" results="20"]she is my ex colleague[/affmage] I tried so hard to get me and my ex-coworker to meet for Christmas.? I told him that the theater sh…et for [...]

25 September 2011 at 8:10 am