Posted by on 10 August 2010 in Record Collections

Get ready – our biggest launch of the year goes online tomorrow.

This major new collection will give you a thrilling insight into the lives your ancestors led. Plus, it will point you towards unexplored branches of your family tree.

Cancel any plans for the next 48 hours – you don’t want to miss this!

Coming soon...

Tweets that mention It’s coming! -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by geniaus, Ancestry.co.uk. Ancestry.co.uk said: It’s coming!:  Get ready – our biggest launch of the year goes online tomorrow. This major new collection will giv… http://bit.ly/dunXXR [...]

10 August 2010 at 12:44 pm
John Gasson

Is it just me, but’t isn’t it already there? And very nice it looks to. Can’t wait to get stuck in!

10 August 2010 at 1:34 pm
Caroline Gurney

Yep. It is there & I am already stuck in :-)

10 August 2010 at 2:01 pm
Penny Holt

I’m stuck in, too. And in case you haven’t guessed what it is, here’s the spoiler. It’s the Principal Probate Registry. Not all of it is up yet. just 1861 to 1941, with a lot of gaps. Still it is a great advantage. Boy, did Ancestry ever want to keep this quiet! I’ve been asking all kinds of people who should know when it was going online, but mostly got stony silence. Except Lady Teviot earlier this summer. She said that the entire registry was now digitized but she did not say where, when or how it was coming online.

Really good news.

10 August 2010 at 10:11 pm
mick bartley

Every person I’ve checked on this probate registry from Yorkshire has their place of death as York no matter where they died in the county. I wonder if the transcribers bother to read the whole entry sometimes.

11 August 2010 at 1:45 am
Lottie

I accessed this the other day after seeing Tony Robinson on BBC breakfast raving about it.
I found my GGrandfather’s Will. Since then I’ve tried to get into it today and it keeps asking me to subscribe (which it didn’t do the other day) and in any case, I have a 3 month subscription and I am logged in.

Gawd knows what’s up with it, but it’s very annoying.

15 August 2010 at 4:24 pm
M Auton

Lottie – on the day of release the search was open to all levels of subscriptions. Yesterday I found myself in the exact same position as you. I rang ANCESTRY up and they say it was a first day problem, and I actually need a higher subscription !!!

If you have the essentials subscription (like me) then we have to upgrade to access it now.

Apparently it was a first day of release fault and should never have been open to ‘essentials subscription’. Premium only

15 August 2010 at 9:51 pm
bromaelor

What a load of hype!!! The only thing that will make me “Cancel any plans for the next 48 hours” will be when Ancestry finally gets around to providing the full 1911 census!

17 August 2010 at 2:26 pm