Posted by on 4 June 2010 in Site Status

The Ancestry.co.uk Family Tree Service will undergo scheduled maintenance Saturday morning for around one hour, beginning at 7am GMT.

During this time Ancestry Member Trees, OneWorldTree, some portions of My Canvas, the sections of the Home Page that are related to Member Trees will be unavailable.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Paula Tomlinson

Why do I have to go to the blog page to find out this information. It is very annoying when you are stopped in your tracks during a search!!

5 June 2010 at 7:31 am
lynofford

I agree with Paula. It seems to be happening a lot lately too.

5 June 2010 at 7:34 am
Mimi Malin

I agree, why wasn’t this put on the home page so we had decent warning ?

5 June 2010 at 7:38 am
golflimatangoancestry

Not only is this information hidden away it also appears to be completely inaccurate. It is now 07:30 BST which is 06:45 GMT and the system is down before the stated time. Does the notice mean 07:00 to 08:00 GMT (as stated) or 07:00 to 08:00 BST or don’t they know the difference??

5 June 2010 at 7:44 am
golflimatangoancestry

Sorry that should have read 07:45 BST

5 June 2010 at 7:45 am
Dave O'Donoghue

Yet asgain we have been let down with a lack of communication. Why do I have to read the Blog to find out when and why the service would be down?

5 June 2010 at 7:46 am
Carol

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, it’s Saturday morning and I got up early to get stuck in with my research and update my tree!!!
Yes you are right, some prior warning would have been much appreciated. I could have had a lie in!
AGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

5 June 2010 at 7:59 am
poppytod

I do not normally read Blogs, only read this by mistake. I agree with other comments, I would never know of this maintanance, BETTER TO PUT IT ON “HOME PAGE”!!! Nothing worse than being thrown out halfway through a search.

8 June 2010 at 12:40 am
Annie

Are the powers-that-be working on unpublicised maintenance. Since last night my Ancestry pages have gone on a go-slow. Its taking ages for page updates. Its not happening on any of my other websites so I assume its a prob with Ancestry.

8 June 2010 at 9:52 am
Sue

It would be nice to know what is going on!!!!! I haven’t been able to access any records on Ancestry for over 12 hours. Is there a problem? Are Ancestry undertaking maintenance?

We pay money to access these records why can’t Ancestry provide a better level of customer service and place a prominent message on the front page whenever there is a problem or planned maintenance. Most people will understand provided they know what is happening.

8 June 2010 at 9:59 am
Akeck

We do apologize for the inconvenience. The reason we communicate these things through the blog is that it is the fastest and easiest way to get you up to date information. A banner should also appear on your logged in homepage letting you know about any planned site maintenance work but if you do not see this then please let us know. You can also contact our Member Services team on 0800 404 97 23 if you would like to speak to someone directly with any questions or concerns you may have.

8 June 2010 at 7:08 pm
golflimatangoancestry

Not much point in communicating these things if you give us the wrong time!

9 June 2010 at 12:52 pm