Posted by on 12 May 2010 in Family Tree Maker

AUTHORED BY TANA L. PEDERSEN (FROM ANCESTRY.COM)

It’s finally happening! As an avid Mac user, I’ve always hoped that Family Tree Maker would release a version of the software for the Mac. And it looks like this is my year. Ancestry.co.uk announced that a Mac version is planned for release later this year. It will be built on the functionality of Family Tree Maker 2010 and constructed from the bottom up to take full advantage of the Mac platform in terms of technology and user experience.

So what do you think? Are you excited for a Mac version?

Geoffrey Routledge

Delighted to hear the news. As a Mac user there is currently nothing to match Family Tree Maker – I have to use FTM on a laptop running Vista.

Grateful if you would email when Mac FTM is available

18 May 2010 at 11:32 pm
judith Pettit

I have found that there is nothing to match REUNION for Mac by Leister Productions. They make a fabulous tree programme.

19 May 2010 at 6:32 pm
Jim Boulden

Thrilled. I have a Mac for reliability but have to use the Windows side since I really only use it for genealogy and have to be linked to the ancestry side. This will sort me out and its about time. :>

19 May 2010 at 6:49 pm
Pauline Waters

Can’t wait for the release date.
Will you please advise when it is finally available?

19 May 2010 at 7:20 pm
Christine Simpkin

At last. I have a tree programme for my Mac, it has a lot of ‘features’ but it’s not very user friendly and to print out your tree is rubbish. Looking forward to getting the FTM.

19 May 2010 at 9:03 pm
Sue Gould

Hooray! At last you are recognising the needs of Mac users. Now when are you going to provide software so that we can help in the World Archives Project.

19 May 2010 at 11:13 pm
jean andrew

thank you, again i am one of those mac users.have been for years but have to use windows on pc to do my research. i will now be able to use laptop. please e mail when up and running. hopefully back on site soon for family trees. i have been on a few site as a member. find your research site the best. will you ever be getting 1911 census and 1951 for north yorkshire as still some areas missing. had 1911 0n another site. thank you.

20 May 2010 at 4:49 am
Simon Freeman

Great news and about time :o )
I have stopped doing my family tree since purchasing a mac last year. I got fed up with the reliability of windows based laptops and then found FTM was not available. Please email us when it is released :o )

20 May 2010 at 7:20 am
Kenneth L. Robbins

Wow! You know me from I don’t know where but okay. I am a u.s. researcher with may ties to the UK and UK Ireland (UKL). I have a Mac and a PC lap top to run my PAF program. My Mac family tree and is not as Christine says not very user friendly. Will the Family Tree Maker for Mac be more user friendly? I have never been able to do a GEDCOM and am will to transpose the old information if the new program is worth the effort. Too wordy, I know. Maybe I too excited for a program for my Mac. Also what do I need to do to join and use the services available?

25 May 2010 at 10:28 pm