Ancestry has just posted a new database thatÂ indexes birth, marriage, and death announcements found in newspapers from seven major cities. Below is a list ofÂ the newspapers and the years of coverage:
- The New York Times (1851-2003)
- The Los Angeles Times (1881-1985)
- The Boston Globe (1872-1923)
- The Chicago Defender (Big Weekend and National Editions) (1921-1975)
- The Chicago Tribune (1850-1985)
- The Hartford Courant (1791-1942)
- The Washington Post (1877-1990)
- The Atlanta Constitution (1869-1929)
Each index entry also contains a link to an image of the newspaper clipping that can be printed or saved to your Member Tree online at Ancestry.com.
The images can also be browsed by clicking on the Births, Marriages, or Deaths link at the bottom of the page, and then selecting a newspaper and year.
For more information or to search this database, go to the main database page.