The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly the INS) will soon be launching a fee-for-service genealogy program that will expedite the process of requesting records for genealogists. The service will include an index search, where you’ll be able to get the necessary citation to request the actual records. Record requests will also be available through the service. Records included in the program are:
- Naturalization Certificate Files (C-files) from September 27, 1906 to April 1, 1956
- Alien Registration Forms from August 1, 1940 to March 31, 1944
- Visa files from July 1, 1924 to March 31, 1944
- Registry Files from March 2, 1929 to March 31, 1944
- Alien Files (A-files) numbered below 8 million (A8000000) and documents therein dated prior to May 1, 1951
You can learn more about this service on the USCIS Genealogy page.