August 23, 2007, Washington, DC. . . A final rule published in the Federal Register August 17, 2007, amends the fees for reproduction of archival materials in National Archives facilities nationwide.Â In addition to Federal records, this includes donated historical materials, Presidential records, and records filed with the Office of the Federal Register.Â This rule will become effective on Monday, October 1, 2007.Â
The fees are being changed to reflect current costs of providing the reproductions.Â The National Archives current fees were established in October 2000 based on a 1999 cost study.Â As a result of a cost study conducted in 2006, fees for copying records must increase to recover costs. This is the first fee increase in seven years.
As of October 1, 2007, fixed-fee reproductions of commonly-requested genealogical records using the National Archives order forms will be:
Record (Order form)–Fee
- Passenger arrival listsÂ (NATF Form 81)–$25.00
- Federal Census requestsÂ (NATF Form 82)–$25.00
- Eastern Cherokee applications to the Court Â (NATF Form 83)–$25.00
- Land entry recordsÂ (NATF Form 84)–$40.00
- Full pension file more than 75 years old, Civil War and after (NATF Form 85)–$75.00Â up to 100 pages
- Full pension file, pre-Civil War (NATF Form 85)–$50.00
- Pension documents packet, selected recordsÂ (NATF Form 85)–$25.00
- Bounty land warrant application files (NATF Form 85)–$25.00
- Military service files more than 75 years oldÂ (NATF Form 86)–$25.00
Self-service copies will be $0.25 per page in the Washington, DC, area, and $0.20 per page at regional archives and Presidential libraries.Â NARA-made copies will be $0.75 per page.
*Â Â *Â Â *
For press information, contact the National Archives Public Affairs staff at 202-357-5300.Â Â 07-128