Family Tree Maker 2008 is coming this August, but you can give it a try now by downloading and installing a beta of the program. Before you download the beta program please note the following:
- This is a beta program; therefore there are no guarantees that the program will perform correctly, nor are there any warranties of any kind.
- Since this beta version is still in development it may crash or fail to function correctly. Though unlikely, installing the program may also negatively affect the operation of your computer.
- Files created in this beta may not open in the release version of the product. Always keep a backup of your data in another genealogy program (such as Family Tree Maker 16).
- The beta will stop functioning on August 24th. If you have entered information into the program that you would like to preserve please be sure to create a GEDCOM export before the 24th of August.
- The beta download is very large (170 MB). Please note that a considerable amount of time may be required to download the beta.
- The automatic web search feature is on by default in the beta program. This means that information will be transmitted automatically from your tree to Ancestry.com in order to search for relevant records. If you would like to disable this feature you can do so by clicking on the options link in the tools menu.Â Â
The minimum system requirements for running the program are:
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista
- Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II or equivalent (1 GHz or faster processor recommended)
- Hard Disk: 400 MB for installation. Additional space required for data files.
- Memory: 256 MB of RAM (512 MB of RAM recommended)Â
- Monitor: 800×600 resolution (1024×768 resolution recommended)
- Internet: All online features require internet access
If you have any questions or encounter any errors in the program please email email@example.comÂ