The Generations Network, Inc., parent company of Ancestry, is sponsoring a Youth FairÂ at this year’s FGS Conference in the States. BelowÂ are the details from the conference website. Â
Children are invited to join us at the Main Library for a fun-filled day of performances, demonstrations, and hands-on activities. The FGS Youth Fair will be held Saturday, August 18th, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All events and activities are free and open to the public.
Events and exhibits include:
- A day in the life of a Union soldier and display of toys and clothing by re-enactors from the 44th Indiana Civil War Historical Association
- Pioneer music performed by Settlers, Inc.
- Bagpipe music performed by the Fort Wayne Scottish Pipes and Drums
- Wool spinning demonstrations by the Fort Wayne Flax and Fleecers Guild
- Short talks on Local Historic Figures by Historic Fort Wayne
- Period costumes provided by the Fort Wayne Civic Theatre. Photos of children in costume will be taken and printed on the spot. Scrapbooking materials and assistance will also be provided so you can create a personalized memento.
- Allen County Genealogical Society of Indiana
- Allen County 4-H
- Girl Scouts of Limberlost Council
- Boy Scouts of the Anthony Wayne Area Council
- Shipshewana Chapter of the Children of the American Revolution
For more information, please contact the Genealogy Center, Allen County Public Library, 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, IN 46802; phone (260) 421-1225; email Genealogy@ACPL.infoÂ or visit the FGS Conference website.