Each year at the Federation of Genealogical Societies annual conference banquet, awards are given to societies and members of societies for outstanding or notable service to the genealogical community.Â Â Â Â
The Federation is seeking nominations for awards of recognition to individuals and societies who have participated in activities or projects that have been successfully undertaken.Â Â A successful nomination will highlight these activities or projects, these individuals or societies.Â FGS is looking to offer gratitude with these awards for participation in and making a positive difference in the genealogical community.
FGS will present awards at the annual banquet in Fort Wayne, Indiana where genealogists from across the nation will join together for A Meeting at the Crossroads of America, 15â€“18 August 2007, hosted by theÂ Allen County Public Library, home of the newly expanded Genealogy Center which houses the largest genealogical research collection in a public library in the nation.Â Â For more information and registration for this exciting conference visit www.fgsconference.org
Please consider those that you know for a FGS award.Â Deadline for submission of awards for 2007 is 15 June 2007.Â Â More information and a submission form can be found on the FGS website at www.fgs.org/fgs-awards.htm.Â Â
Following is a short description of the awards:
- Certificate of Appreciation: To an individual or organization in thanks for duty in exemplary or outstanding manner.
- Award of Merit:Â To an individual or organization for meritorious service or distinguished work in genealogy and family history.
- President’s Citation: To an individual or organization to whose contributions or service to FGS or the genealogical community are singled out for recognition by the FGS President.Â
- Delegate Award: To and individual Delegate of a member society in recognition of exemplary service to FGS as a member of an FGS standing committee or as an active participant in an FGS project.Â
- Distinguished Service Award:Â Â To an individual or organizational in recognition of outstanding service to FGS or to a member society. The organization must be a member of FGS, and the individual must be a member of an FGS member society.Â
- Director’s Award: To an individual or organizational in recognition of both exceptional contributions to the field of genealogy and family history, and extra-mile efforts to promote good will and improve services.Â
- George E. Williams Award:Â To an individual with outstanding contributions within a single year to FGS, a member organization, or both.
- David S. Vogels Award: To an individual for recognition of outstanding career contributions to FGS.Â
- Rabbi Malcolm H. Stern Humanitarian Award:Â To a rare individual for lifetime contributions and whose positive personal influence and example have fostered unity in the genealogical community, provided leadership to its individual members, and helped make family history a vital force in the community at large.Â
- Archives Award: To an individual or organizational in recognition of exceptional contributions in the area of archival access, preservation, or services.
Awards deadline is 15 June 2007.Â Please consider recognizing outstanding achievements in the genealogy community by submitting an award nomination.Â Â FGS and the Awards Committee thank you very much for your submissions.
The FGS Awards Committee
- Susan Kaufman, Chair
- Roberta “Bobbi” King
- Gary Mokotoff
- Sandra Luebking
- Marjorie Sholes
FGS/ACPL A Meeting at the Crossroads of America
15â€“18 August 2007
Fort Wayne, Indiana