This blog is operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. and is owned by Ancestry.com Operations Inc. (“Ancestry.com”), the corporate owner of Ancestry.com.au. The Ancestry.com.au blog is a place to keep customers connected with what’s going on at Ancestry.com.au. It’s a place to learn about new additions from us at Ancestry.com – our products, content, features and other services – as we develop them, and to hear from the people who create and develop these products and features for Ancestry.com.au.
While we have made the blog available to our employees and the community for open communication, the opinions expressed here are those of the individual author, and not of Ancestry.com. All responsibility and liability for the content of each post remains with the author. We reserve the right to review and remove any comment, be it from our employees or the community, which we feel creates legal risks, is not on topic in the area of the blog to which it is posted, or which, for any reason, we feel is inappropriate.
You can comment on any blog post for a period of two weeks after the date of posting. After that time, the blog post and related comments will remain on the blog for people to read, but it will no longer be possible for anyone to add new comments. We understand that this is a place where our customers can share their thoughts with us. We welcome your comments, as long as they adhere to the Blog Comment Policy set out below.
BLOG COMMENT POLICY
- Play nice: This blog is “family friendly” and comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or are considered by us to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted. Please play nice.
- Keep to the topic: A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted.
- No personal attacks: In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, or offer your opinion, but not attack the blogger, or any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
- Don’t spam: Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
- Don’t share private information: All email addresses, snail mail, phone numbers, and any private or personal information posted in any comment may be deleted to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent such editing, never share private or personal information within the blog comment.
If you wish to report any blog comment for breach of the above Blog Comment Policy, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although you should not post any private or personal information within a blog comment, we require you to tell us your name and email address when you submit a comment. We will not publish that information on the blog, or share it with any third party. However, we may use your email address to privately contact you about your use of the blog. For more information about privacy, see the Ancestry.com.au privacy statement.
If you are an Ancestry.com.au member, separate terms and conditions apply to the use of that website.
If you have a customer service issue, we recommend contacting our Member Services team for the quickest resolution. You can email email@example.com or call 1800 251 838 (toll free in Australia) or 0800 442 100 (toll free in New Zealand), Monday to Friday 9am-4pm (AEST).