Posted by Ancestry.com.au on November 1, 2012 in Content, New Zealand
New on the site this week are New Zealand Local Histories with indexes ranging from 1840 to 1950.
- The Cyclopedia of New Zealand, 1897-1906 provides information about the colonization of New Zealand with details on businesses, residents and professions in the provinces.
- New Zealand Index, 1899, 1908, 1915 and 1939 are four books which contain detailed information about places in New Zealand including names of colonists, businesses, descriptions of local terrain and local histories.
- New Zealand, Registered Ships & Owners, 1840-1950 is an index of all ships registered in New Zealand from 1840-1950. They include passenger names, sjip descriptions, registration dates and the sailing history of the ship.
- While the first colony of NZ was officially founded in 1840, settlers felt there was far more relevant history contributing to the colonization of New Zealand previous to this time. The Early History of New Zealand, From Earliest Times To 1845 contains a history of early New Zealand beginning with the voyages of Captain Cook in the region.
- New Zealand, White Wings, 1924, 1928 (Volumes 1 & 2) has a history of fifty years of sailing in the New Zealand trade and contains information about the voyages of ships that brought immigrants to New Zealand.
- Datus, A Chronology of New Zealand from the Time of the Moa, 1931 is a book by George Finn and shows a history of important events in NZ beginning with the arrival of the Māori in the 14th century up to events of the 20th century. Details include names of prominent people and descriptions of notable events.
You can search all of our New Zealand records online.