Posted by on January 14, 2011 in Site Maintenance

We are experiencing some temporary site problems. We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause. Our development and web operations teams are working on the problem and we will have it resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE AS OF JANUARY 14, 2011 AT 11:15 AM EDT

We are pleased to inform everyone that the temporary site problem we experienced earlier has now been resolved.  Again, we apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused and truly appreciate your patience through this situation.

michael

very useful service, thank you.

January 15, 2011 at 5:38 pm
Antonia Pomering

I am still having problems with the new trees and have had no response to two emails I have sent asking for technical support. The names are sometimes too small to be legible.

January 18, 2011 at 4:25 am
Shirley

I can’t agree with Michael. I am still unable to upload my tree. it has been over a week since I first tried and to date my two emails to the help section remain unacknowledged and so have cancelled my subscription. The site is clearly still experiencing problems (seems to be Ancestry Australia only) and the notice saying it was temporary was hidden away in the small blog section at the bottom of the home page, not good service either.

January 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm
Ancestry.com.au

Hi Antonia. We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulties with Ancestry Member Trees. Did you know you can also contact Ancestry Member Services by phone? Please call us on 1800 251 838 (toll free from Australia) between 9am and 4pm AEDT (Monday to Friday) so we can try to resolve your tree viewer issue as soon as possible.

January 19, 2011 at 9:18 am
Ancestry.com.au

Hi Shirley. We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulties with uploading a GEDCOM to Ancestry Member Trees. Did you know you can also contact Ancestry Member Services by phone? Please call us on 1800 251 838 (toll free from Australia) between 9am and 4pm AEDT (Monday to Friday) so we can try to resolve your uploading issue as soon as possible.

January 19, 2011 at 9:18 am
shirleym1510

at last the problem is solved. I had been using Google Chrome, which seems to have been the cause of me not being able to upload my tree. After I received an email from Help suggesting I keep to Internet Explorer 7 or 8 I changed back and now things are back to normal! many thanks.

January 20, 2011 at 8:53 pm
Ancestry.com.au

Hi Shirley. We’re glad to hear your issue has been resolved and you’re now able to upload your tree.

January 21, 2011 at 8:25 am