In a world-first, Ancestry.com.au recently launched the largest collection of US school and college yearbooks available online, revealing school photographs of today’s superstars.
The yearbooks of Brad Pitt, Sandra Bullock, Will Smith, Alec Baldwin, Nicolas Cage and Jay Leno all feature online detailing information on their classes, school activities and interesting photographs – including Sandra Bullock’s high school dance partner trying his luck.
There are now more than 60 million yearbook records available in the US School Yearbook collection, featuring books from high schools, junior highs, academies, colleges, and universities from almost every US state from 1875 to 1988.
They contain vast information on almost all aspects of the school lives of students, dishing the dirt on the current A-listers, including:
- Brad Pitt – Academy Award-nominee and Angelina Jolie’s significant other Brad Pitt was part of the 1981-82 Kickapoo High School Student Council in Springfield, Missouri. A newly discovered photo finds Pitt having a tantrum at having to create the decorations for the school’s ‘Chief Ceremonial’, sporting in tight denim jeans and long hair
- Sandra Bullock – Bullock’s yearbook reveals she was a varsity cheerleader, which required ‘sacrificing a lot of time, money and energy’ for Washington-Lee High School in 1982. Her photos show her in her cheerleading outfit, and there’s even a picture of her dance partner trying his luck at the homecoming dance
- Will Smith – The Overbrook High School yearbook photo of top international box-office star and Academy Award nominee Will Smith shows him looking confused in a science lesson while sporting a light moustache in 1986 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Nicolas Cage – A young Nicolas Coppola is pictured in his Beverly Hills High School 1979 yearbook official picture looking deadly serious, hiding any glimpse to the versatile star’s great sense of humor
- Alec Baldwin – Alexander Baldwin was no high school activity slacker at Alfred G. Berner High School in Massapequa, New York. In 1976, he served as Class President, and was a member of the youth council, drama club, the student activities council, the lacrosse and football teams
- Jay Leno – The ‘Tonight Show’ host was recognized early on by his classmates who named him the ‘funniest’ in a candid photo of Leno in his Loyola Academy (Andover, Massachusetts) 1966 yearbook. Also noted next to his class yearbook photo, Leno listed his possible future career as a ‘retired millionaire’
- Betty White –The Emmy Award-winning actress is experiencing a career comeback after a Facebook campaign landed her a gig as the most popular guest host on this past season of “Saturday Night Live”. Along with her newly discovered popularity, White’s fans can now share her newly discovered high school photo from Beverly Hills High School in 1936.