Posted by on August 19, 2014 in MyCanvas

This past June, we announced that we were retiring the MyCanvas website and service in September 2014.

We’ve heard from many people who love MyCanvas and hate the idea of it going away. Well, we have some good news for you: It’s not going away after all! We were successful in finding a new home for the service at Alexander’s.

AncestryMyCanvasBook

Founded 35 years ago, Alexander’s is a Utah-based printing production company that has been the long-term printer of MyCanvas products including its genealogy books, calendars, and other printed products. This makes the transition of MyCanvas to Alexander’s a natural fit.

It’s our hope that this agreement will not change the experience for MyCanvas customers. In fact, Alexander’s plans to make some exciting improvements we think you’ll love. Additionally, MyCanvas will continue to be available from the Ancestry.com website as we believe in the importance of sharing family history discoveries and see MyCanvas as a way to deliver this ability to our customers.

The transition of MyCanvas will take about six months. But in the meantime, all MyCanvas projects will remain accessible on Ancestry.com until it moves over to Alexander’s next year. We will continue to communicate details as the transition moves forward.

We want to thank our loyal MyCanvas customers for all the projects you have built and printed with us over the years. We’re excited about this new owner of MyCanvas—and we think you will be too.

Have more questions? Please check out the FAQs.

Kris Stewart

This is great news! I’m pleased I’ll be able to continue to use MyCanvas

August 19, 2014 at 8:21 am
Karen

Thank you! MyCanvas is a fantastic tool, and I’m glad to be able to finish my other projects now. I’m thrilled with the quality of the books. Thanks again.

August 19, 2014 at 8:34 am
Patty

Thank you so much Ancestry!!

August 19, 2014 at 8:56 am
joan hanlon

THANK YOU!

August 19, 2014 at 9:00 am
Diana Bobo

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That’s the best news I’ve had all day!!!

August 19, 2014 at 9:23 am
Eileen Sullivan Tormey

This is the best news yet!! So love this feature as does my family.

August 19, 2014 at 9:33 am
Karen

The MyCanvas site still says that the service will be discontinued after Sept 30.

August 19, 2014 at 9:43 am
Cathy Whittington

THANK YOU! This is indeed great news. I am so very happy you have found a great solution.

August 19, 2014 at 9:43 am
Carol

this is great news thank you for saving MyCanvas
when you switch over will we be able to order books from Canada, like we did before.

August 19, 2014 at 9:46 am
Shannon A

Wonderful News!! I hated for so much work to be lost. I know I have future grandchildren to add and receive their own family tree book!!

August 19, 2014 at 9:55 am
Carolyn

Thank you! Your canvases are more flexible and your books many more pages than others. And I now have a chance to finish My Ancestry research and print the books I want for my family.

August 19, 2014 at 9:56 am
Lorilee

Karen – the site has been updated with a new banner that also says it is sticking around :)

August 19, 2014 at 9:56 am
Sarah

YAY!!!! Thank you!!

August 19, 2014 at 9:58 am
Bessie Grahmann

Thank you for this GREAT news. Nothing compares to MyCanvas.com website for creating albums. Thank you for listening to your customers and reversing your decision.

August 19, 2014 at 9:59 am
Ashley

Woohoo!! I’m so thankful for this! I was frantic to get everything finished on time and will be so glad that I have more time to complete these and make them correct. Thank you so much for listening to us and keeping this around.

August 19, 2014 at 10:03 am
suzanne

like, like, like!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 10:05 am
Barbara Liese

Thank you so much! I have been trying to carve out time to complete one more book, but with new family members being born, others moving, etc, it’ s been nearly impossible. This is great news.

August 19, 2014 at 10:15 am
Therese

Great news! I was dreading the loss of 6 years of work. I am looking forward to keeping our 250 page book available to our growing family and to years of new projects.

August 19, 2014 at 10:18 am
Helen G

EXCELLENT!!! Couldn’t understand why you would get rid of such a unique selling point and not sell mycanvas to another company. So glad this is what you have done. Have already purchased one book which looked so good I’m currently rushing (or maybe not rush so much now!) to finish the rest of my tree off and get another one done plus a family tree poster.

August 19, 2014 at 10:24 am
Brookelea

So happy! However, the “bad” news that it was going away just spurred me to finish up my personal story and will continue with my plans to order my copies in Sept. This is such great news. Thank you, Ancestry! Now I can continue writing my other stories.

August 19, 2014 at 10:25 am
Jessi

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Creating my books on MyCanvas has been WHY I stay an ancestry.com member. I can’t tell you how happy and relieved this makes me!!

August 19, 2014 at 10:26 am
Mary

Thank you! Just getting to the point of wanting to create a book for our children and grand-children. Was so disappointed, but now so excited that the option will remain open. Great news!

August 19, 2014 at 10:30 am
Nicole

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I cannot wait to continue working on projects through MyCanvas. Thank you for listening to us Ancestry!

August 19, 2014 at 10:32 am
Graham

Thank you for listening Ancestry. Great news as I was really going to struggle to complete all my projects. RESULT

August 19, 2014 at 10:34 am
Muriel

Thank you for listening to the feedback from all of us who have been faithful users of MyCanvas!! I had finished three projects and was rushing to complete a fourth, but thanks to your decision to outsource this product I can now take my time and do it right. FYI, more Ancestry members might have made use of this wonderful resource if it had been featured on some of your television ads.

August 19, 2014 at 10:37 am
Laurie

WOW this is great news. I have been putting in hours and hours trying to finish up books for other family members. I completed one with my sister a couple years ago and absolutely love it. The quality is 1st rate, and I have had many people very interested in pursuing something like this for their family. Yea Yea Yea! Thank you for keeping this product available!!!

August 19, 2014 at 10:50 am
Pam

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is the best news & you just made my day. I have been rushing to get all my books done. These books are fantastic & every one that I’ve done a book for has absolutely loved them. Thanks again

August 19, 2014 at 10:57 am
Rosemary

Absolutely, from all our ancestors to yours……THANK YOU!!!

August 19, 2014 at 10:59 am
Anthony

Great News….

August 19, 2014 at 11:12 am
Rae

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

August 19, 2014 at 11:43 am
Karen

My life is my own again!! I am so pleased that you have been able to make this decision… I thank you, my family thanks you and my ancestors thank you!!

August 19, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Jeff

Thank you for listening to feedback. I have not been able to find anything like the opportunities this publish function provides, and thought I was going to lose a project I was in the middle of. Thank you!

August 19, 2014 at 12:05 pm
Barb

Oh I am just so very pleased!!!! I was rushing to complete my 18th book but now can take more time to get it just perfect as the others were. Great product, beautiful printing and covers- the perfect compliment to any family history project – thank you for keeping My Canvas going for all of us!! YEA!!

August 19, 2014 at 12:06 pm
elizabeth

Great news!! Hooray!

August 19, 2014 at 12:10 pm
Cheryl

I am so excited. This is the BEST news. I have been working many late nights over the past few weeks trying to wrap up projects and feeling sad each time I logged on thinking all my hard work on some would be lost. Thank you so much for listening to your customers! You guys are the best!!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Sharon

Will My Canvass be available for Canadian customers from ancestry.ca now that it is moving?

August 19, 2014 at 12:22 pm
Lisa

Wow, you have no idea! Thank you.

August 19, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Lorilee

Sharon – from what I understand, Alexander’s is hoping to be able to ship to Canada, but no idea how soon that will happen

August 19, 2014 at 12:41 pm
Susan

Very excited to learn that MyCanvas has found a new home! I have ordered books from MyCanvas in the past and have always been very impressed with the quality of the work. Now I’ll be able to complete my current books as well as start new ones! Thank you Ancestry!

August 19, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Susan

Thank you ! This is great news! You have made members so happy, thanks again!

August 19, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Julie

Thank you so much Ancestry for listening to all your customers who voiced our objections to losing mycanvas and all the many hours/years of work on our books.
I’m especially happy to learn that as a Canadian customer I will once again be able to order my books for delivery in Canada not have to rely on just printing them out.
Good news all around!!

August 19, 2014 at 1:06 pm
Terre

Thank you so much and may God Bless all your future work with My Canvas. I look forwards to the improvements and can’t wait to start my next book.

August 19, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Elizavel

Omy thank you, thank you, thank you!! Best news ever!!

August 19, 2014 at 1:16 pm
Arnell Daniels

Thank you. I’ve been stressing trying to revise my family history book so I could purchase it for the last time. I love the products on the purchasing site.

August 19, 2014 at 1:17 pm
Tracy

I can’t tell you how relieved I am at this news. I have been dedicating all of my hobby time – and quite a bit housework time – to finishing up my projects before Sept. Besides the carpel tunnel I was developing, I was regretting the whole time not having the time to finish the books the way I wanted. Thanks for listening to us.

August 19, 2014 at 1:22 pm
Jean

Thank you so much for saving My Canvas. I have been trying to figure out how to print my family history going forward.

August 19, 2014 at 1:46 pm
Bridget

Thank you!!!

August 19, 2014 at 1:47 pm
Diana

Thanks so much, we needed to do at least 2 more books.

August 19, 2014 at 1:52 pm
Marie

Thank you. What wonderful news. I have been burning the candle trying to finish my project and have also had family members helping me to try and complete my projects. Now I can slow down and do a much better job.

August 19, 2014 at 2:27 pm
Gillian

Thank you! This is great news. I still have a lot of work to do before I can have a poster printed. :)

August 19, 2014 at 2:42 pm
Linda

So glad of hearing the good news.I’m a cancer survivor and this my only pastime.

August 19, 2014 at 3:09 pm
Dana Crawley

Great news! Love the family tree poster feature

August 19, 2014 at 3:17 pm
Debbie Kennedy

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 3:24 pm
Patti Mars

AMEN!!! Like others I’ve been cramming to finish my first book. Thrilled that you’ve listened to your customer base and transition to new company but keep on Ancestry. A Million thanks!!!

August 19, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Ruth Ann Mertens

Am so glad to hear this news! MyCanvas is a wonderful service and I am so glad that you responded to many of your loyal customers by keeping it!

August 19, 2014 at 3:38 pm
Becky Foreman

omg. I am so happy at this news, I am crying. Thank you for listening!! Thank you! Thank you! I just got my posters yesterday but have so many other projects I want to do, including more posters, books, calendars. YES!!

August 19, 2014 at 3:41 pm
Karen St.Amour

I can’t say thank you enough for this terrific news! I’ve had books published for my husband’s side of the family and was rushing to finish them for my side of the family. I was so impressed with the quality of the books themselves. The joy they brought to other family members was immeasurable. I’m so happy that I can take my time now and get everything right instead of just getting everything done. Thank you!!

August 19, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Denise Perez

You have no idea how thrilled I am! Though I have to almost thank you for announcing the impending retirement of this service: It lit the fire that I needed. I have now completely fallen in love with MyCanvas as I struggled to finish all my projects, and I now definitively know that there is nothing this comprehensive and class on the market. THANK YOU SO MUCH for finding a new home for it. Hope it generates tons of business for you. I’ll definitely do my part, making my first order tonight. Forever grateful. –Denise Perez

August 19, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Gail Vogel

Praise the Lord. MyCanvas is a wonderful application and its continuation provides an incredible public service. Thank you for responding to cries around the world.

August 19, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Aliza Giammatteo

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Best news I’ve heard in a long time. I have so many projects in the works (and more planned after those are done) so this is a huge relief.

Excellent news!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Joe

I have been consumed with trying to finish all of the projects I have going. My wife’s family, my father-in law, my sisters’ families, my uncle, my cousins and my own children, all at crunch time with work Thank you for the opportunity to continue my projects! There is nothing like MyCanvas to put it all together so beautifully.

August 19, 2014 at 4:44 pm
Aliza Giammatteo

PS — When you go with your new partner can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE discuss this following:

1. A way for document images that WE attached to a person’s profile (from our own original research, outside of ancestry.com) to be automatically pulled into a MyCanvas book, just like the records from ancestry.com do (census, ship, etc.)

2. Font: Sometimes the font is small and needs to be adjusted but the way it is now *each and every data point* for *each person in the pedigree needs to be adjust individually — which is ridiculous.

There has to be a way to do a “select all” option and to adjust the font for the entire pedigree at once.

And THANK YOU again for keeping this!!!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 4:47 pm
Debbie Kennedy

Again, THANK YOU…..being able to order from Canada would make it PERFECT!!!!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Karen T

I am so happy and relieved to hear this! I love your design program and am so excited to continue using it for years to come. Thank you for finding a solution. I hope also that this means that all your wonderful staff will continue to be working with us …

August 19, 2014 at 5:22 pm
Jennifer

YAY! Yay!! Yaaaaaay!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 5:24 pm
Maria Buckler

I agree with all the other comments. Great news.

August 19, 2014 at 5:24 pm
Padget`

Thank you thank you thank you. I have been working night and day to get the books done by the deadline. I really do appreciate this decision . THANK YOU

August 19, 2014 at 5:31 pm
Edward

That is great. Won’t stop me finishing my current projects. It will allow me to proof and make changes. It will also allow me to continue the format for my future projects. Finally great news.

August 19, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Tom Shaw

This is wonderful news for users of MyCanvas, but I am still concerned about the planned destruction of your Y-DNA and mtDNA databases. We have collected well over a thousand signatures in an online petition protesting this decision, and sent a letter, signed by some of the country’s leading genetic genealogists, asking that this decision be reconsidered and an alternative be sought out. PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING, ANCESTRY.COM, the people that trusted you are waiting!

August 19, 2014 at 5:39 pm
Kim

Wonderful news!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Jackie

THANK YOU SOOOOOO VERY MUCH!!! Just made my day! :)

August 19, 2014 at 6:11 pm
dee

Tom Shaw – You can move the Y-DNA to FamilyTreeDNA.com for $19!

August 19, 2014 at 6:17 pm
Sue

BLESS YOU!!!!!!! I have been working so hard to get my book done before the deadline. Even taking vacation days to have more time. You just do not know how HAPPY I am. THANK YOU!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 6:37 pm
Mark

Just bloody fantastic news Ancestry, I just knew some canny print provider would jump at the opportunity. Or was this all just a clever way to help put more value into the deal? No matter, just great to hear it will still be available.

August 19, 2014 at 6:44 pm
Pat

GREAT news! Thank you!

August 19, 2014 at 6:55 pm
Yvonne

Thank you Ancestry!

August 19, 2014 at 7:14 pm
Adrienne

This made my day!!! Thank you so much!

August 19, 2014 at 7:36 pm
Karin

You had me scared all summer! I’ve been catching up on things. Thrilled to hear this will continue! More projects to come.

August 19, 2014 at 7:42 pm
Shaun

I am very happy to hear the news. I just have one thing I hope they can fix. I have had 2 books were the bindings failed and pages fell out. Mycanvas has been great about replacing them but I hope they can fix the problem so it doesnt happen anymore. I love this site and I am very excited about finishing my projects that I had planned.

August 19, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Jennifer

This is wonderful news! I was so stressed knowing that I had put off getting my projects done and then thinking I only had a month to get all of them finished! THANK YOU!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 8:11 pm
Dudley

Thank goodness!! I was in a panic to get multiple projects done, knowing that I wasn’t going to get them all completed. I have published several books before as I have multiple trees. There really is nothing out there that could rival this service so I am very grateful and look forward to the upgrades from Alexanders. Thank you so much!

August 19, 2014 at 8:16 pm
M Russell

Thank you so very much! Ancestry.com, you have made a loyal customer of me for life by listening to our heartfelt pleas to save MyCanvas books. Thank you for finding a solution and for permitting us to continue to work from our trees even after the transition to Alexander’s. As others have said, there’s no comparable product out there. I’ve ordered over a dozen books so far, and every one has been of the highest quality. I’ve put literally hundreds of hours into my books and was devastated at the thought of all that effort being destroyed with no way to ever access it again. Plus, I have several other books in process that I would never have been able to finish. This is absolutely fantastic news!

August 19, 2014 at 8:16 pm
Deb Bowen

Yay! Whooohooo! My dreams and prayers were answered! You can’t imagine how much this means to me! Based on the last update giving us until Sept 29 to finish our books, I called my daughter to see if she was still on target to deliver my new granddaughter on her due date of Sept. 28th because that would give me one day to add pictures of new baby to her ancestry book I then had to order by Sept. 29th. I am sooooooo relieved and happy that now I have even more time to add new pix of the baby to the ancestry book to make it even more special! THANK YOU SO MUCH ANCESTRY FOR LISTENING TO ALL OF US and doing your best to keep MyCanvas going . . . . It is so very much appreciated! Thank you again. . . .

August 19, 2014 at 8:38 pm
Arturo

“Very good news” that Canvas will continue to be available from ancestry web page, and the idea that Alexander’s do some improvements are better news, I was looking for a new editor and printer but there isn’t nothing available that compare to canvas.

August 19, 2014 at 8:58 pm
Patrizia

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I’ve been working like a crazy woman trying to finish up my current book before MyCanvas closed. I LOVE this product and have been using it for years to print all my projects. I’m thrilled that you are continuing to provide your customers with a new publishing service. Thanks for listening. (Guess I can quit sweating now!)

August 19, 2014 at 9:11 pm
Tricia Thompson

Cannot say THANK YOU loudly enough and often enough. The retirement news was devastating. Like others, I’ve been pouring unbelievable numbers of hours into dealing with an end-of-September deadline. And sad that future projects would never be born. But now they will, and I can exhale! THANK YOU!

August 19, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Jeanie

This is wonderful news :-)

August 19, 2014 at 10:07 pm
Kathy

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for listening.

August 19, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Cool GenStuff - Wednesday 20 August 2014 | Hack Genealogy

[...] Ancestry.com: MyCanvas Finds a New Home in Alexander’s (via Ancestry.com) [...]

August 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm
PAULETTE

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am one VERY happy camper. I can now abandon my resolve to leave Ancestry. Great News.
I was staying up late every night to try and get my projects done. I had rush ordered birth/death/marriage certificates and now I can slow down and enjoy.

August 20, 2014 at 12:07 am
Merril Burns

Brilliant news. This was too good a site to lose.

August 20, 2014 at 12:18 am
Shannon U

Prayers have been answered. I have been trying to find a book printing Co. for several weeks now and nothing comes close to the Wonderful program of my Canvas. I was so stressed finishing up my books and having to print them quickly, I didn’t have time to use all the tools to make a really great book. The books were printed and to my surprise they are wonderful and family are just in aw over them. I didn’t want to get on Ancestry.com any more I was just to sad. But here I am and I want to bless your wonderful hearts for changing your minds and finding wonderful people to take it over and keep this special special program going. It is a one of a kind and lets you be as creative as you want. I could just give all of you a great big hug. You all are special people, thank you. I now can relax and take my time getting my next book ready for printing. I need to do a little gardening in between. Love you all for saving My Canvas. Shannon U. from Idaho

August 20, 2014 at 12:32 am
Brian Boustead

Having just completed a very moving and emotional story of the fate of Liberator AL587 in poster form in which my father perished my children will be thrilled to bits to capture this part of our family history. It really bought it to life. My next project is going to be a family history book which thanks to Alexander’s I can now look forward to working on. Chichester, UK

August 20, 2014 at 2:21 am
Mary M

Thanks, I was trying to finish with history book and my niece had twins, now I can add them.

August 20, 2014 at 2:58 am
Margie Lester

I was steady working to finish my project but I soon realize I would not meet the deadline it is relief that I can finish my books. I was researching family and was not finish. I keep finding information about them I needed to add but sadly realize I would not be able to. I am so glad that if I continue finding information regarding family I can add it that is a relief.

August 20, 2014 at 3:03 am
Keiran Williams

So happy to hear this! Will all of our projects still remain accessible with the new owners? After using MyCanvas for so long I can easily navigate exactly what I want to do and was fretting at the thought of having to learn a new product that would probably not have the ability to personalise exactly how I wanted it.
I make travel books on my adventures and I am so happy that I will be able to continue and that the look will remain uniform! :) One very happy Australian! :)

August 20, 2014 at 5:47 am
Ancestry's MyCanvas Finds a New Home | Genealogy & History News

[...] is the announcement from Ancestry.com [...]

August 20, 2014 at 6:29 am
Laurene

So thankful that we will continue to have a place to print quality family charts. I’ve used this service a number of times and have been very happy with the service.

August 20, 2014 at 7:31 am
Barbara

Hallelujah! This gives much-needed time to fill in some big holes in my ancestry projects before publication. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

August 20, 2014 at 7:42 am
Kari

This is fantastic news!! I was scrambling to finish all of our photo album projects by the deadline and also struggling to budget enough funds to publish them all by the end date. I’m am relieved and thrilled at this news!!!

August 20, 2014 at 8:05 am
Carrie

Fantastic! Thank you so much, I was totally devastated by the news you would be dropping this feature. I’ve been working double time to put photo albums together, now I can relax a bit. It really takes months to put a 5 gen ancestry book together, I was going to have to leave those out. Hallelujah!! This is the 2nd best feature of Ancestry, it doesn’t get any better then this. Thank you again, Sincerely, Carrie~

August 20, 2014 at 8:22 am
Pete

Great news :O) One big improvement would be to be able to have a lot more generations automatically generated into books, its too few right now as even just going back to late 1500s its a lot of generations.

August 20, 2014 at 9:21 am
Mary

Thank you from the bottom of heat heart, this means so much to me. I t thought all the work I had don would be gone forever, years of work! Fant

August 20, 2014 at 9:34 am
Mary

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, this means so much to me. I t thought all the work I had done would be gone forever, years of work! Fantastic decision!

August 20, 2014 at 9:34 am
Becky Lynne

Wonderful decision! I have been working like mad to finish books for both my husband’s and my families. The printing is such a helpful service, thank you for finding a way to keep it available.

August 20, 2014 at 9:39 am
Cathy

Fantastic! This is an awesome service, and I only recently discovered it. So glad it’s not going away.

August 20, 2014 at 9:49 am
Bonnie

I cannot begin to tell you how much this means to me. I could cry I’m so happy to hear you’ve found a new owner for this product. I’ve been in a panic thinking I had only weeks left to get everything done. And feeling extremely sad knowing a family reunion was coming after the deadline and knowing there would be no way to update any information that was in my book. THANK YOU ANCESTRY!!! You’ve made my day.

August 20, 2014 at 10:00 am
Linda

I can’t tell you how elated I feel! I was devastated when I found out you were eliminating MyCanvas. It’s a wonderful program and made the experience of working on ancestry.com worthwhile – because I had a wonderful format in which to present my findings to my family. Thanks!!!!!!

August 20, 2014 at 10:13 am
Phyllis Ericson

Thank you…thank you.!!!
I’m so happy I’m doing the Snoopy dance today!
Your announcement to discontinue MyCanvas got me in high gear to finish two books that I had been limping along with completing. As I worked into the nights to finish my books in time I realized how much I loved this book program. I am already creating more books in my head for the future now.
Best wishes to Alexander’s Publishing … may you share our success!!!

August 20, 2014 at 11:07 am
Alison

This is fantastic news!! Thanks for working to find a solution. Please pass along to Alexander’s that it would be wonderful if a spell check program could be added. In my haste to finish some of my projects some typo mistakes were made that I didn’t catch. A simple spell check program would have made all the difference.

August 20, 2014 at 11:25 am
LouJane Adams Wills

It has already been said and I can’t say it any better! Was devastated when I found out that all my work would be lost…. prayers answered!

August 20, 2014 at 11:35 am
Chrystal

Thank you so much for keeping this. I have been fast at work getting all of my projects finished, but I am so happy to continue making photo books with such an amazing too.

August 20, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Lesley Green

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I am glad to see that I was not the only one who was devastated to hear of the removal of My Canvas. Thank you again.

August 20, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Daryl

This is great news! Like many others, I was frantically trying to complete my latest ancestry book and also dismayed that it would be the last one (in this format), and not knowing what format I could do my future ancestry books gave me great anxiety. I am very thankful for this news and look forward to many years of producing more books of my family!

August 20, 2014 at 1:14 pm
MargaretGreenNichols

I am so thrilled to hear that MyCanvas is switching over! What great news, thank you Ancestry!!!

August 20, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Rose

Thank you so very much. I was so upset when I heard all my work was to be deleted. I have done my family history and my husband’s in separate beautiful books and had planned to update as I found new information. Family and friends who have seen completed copies are amazed at the product. I have inspired many to do research after they have seen my books. You can not imagine how much this means to me to continue this service.

August 20, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Valerie

This is the BEST news!!!! What a relief. I have been SOOO stressed out trying to finally finish my book before 5 Sept. Thank you! This is such an amazing application losing it would be a real set back!!

August 20, 2014 at 4:32 pm
Donna

So relieved to hear that my Canvas will continue…do hope the new owners have the same quality ( or better;)
so we can continue to order a great, well built product!

August 20, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Sonny McGee

Great news and a big relief, thank you for keeping MyCanvas…

August 20, 2014 at 4:50 pm
BHorne

Thank You! This is the best news of the summer. I have so many projects and now I can complete each one and purchase my books. May God bless your company.

August 20, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Ellen

Great news! I’m so glad I’ll be able to take my time finishing my current project and to continue making books synced to ancestry.com for more branches of my family. Thank you!

August 20, 2014 at 5:10 pm
Woody

Fantastic, My Canvas is such a powerful and easy to use publishing tool. And the quality of the book printing services have really been so beautiful . Thank you.

August 20, 2014 at 5:56 pm
Lglawe

Thank you for listening to your customers and finding a great partner to host MyCanvas! Your efforts and consideration to ensure the Ancestry community members don’t experience an interruption of a wonderful service are greatly appreciated!

August 20, 2014 at 6:07 pm
Craig

Thank you. I was very angry with Ancestry.com when you announced that you were shutting MyCanvas down. I wrote to your CEO and didn’t even get a form letter back. As a 7 year Ancestry.com paying member, I felt that I deserved better. I am so grateful that you found someone who understood how important your MyCanvas customers are.

August 20, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Kelley

Thank you!!!! <3 :)

August 20, 2014 at 7:38 pm
Rebecca

Thank you so much! I’ve been using mycanvas for years, and was devastated to hear it would be shut down. I’m so excited I’ll be able to continue documenting memories with this platform!

August 20, 2014 at 7:44 pm
Marian

Thank you Ancestry, and thank you to Alexanders as well. I am quite pleased that MyCanvas will be sticking around. As you know, we may print a book of our history, but it is truely never completed as we will always search for more information.

August 20, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Jamie

I am delighted that Ancestry will still offer a way to put my research in book form. It is my hope to pass my research onto my family for every surname that I’ve researched! Thank you.

August 20, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Sam

I was scrambling to get my book done before 9/30. Thank you for such good news. I hope that my projects can be transferred to the new owner. I would hate to start over on several of the books. I have been adding and reprinting them for several years.

August 20, 2014 at 8:56 pm
Lois

Thank you so much for making the decision to continue offering this service! My experience with MyCanvas has been wonderful. It has given me the opportunity to chronicle, publish and share ancestry information with my family. Thanks again for retaining this invaluable tool!

August 20, 2014 at 9:12 pm
Jeanne

Great news from New Zealand. I am so very pleased that this facility is going to remain. I have just recently put my Tree onto Ancestry, not only for further research (which incidentally has been fantastic), but with the intention of using MyCanvas. Because of the tight time frame until it closed, sadly it wasn’t going to happen for me. So indeed, very very happy, that it’s going to continue. Thank you VERY sincerely!

August 20, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Dahlila Hampton

I am so glad ancestry is not getting rid of the Canvas. I have been rushing my family to send me pictures so I can order one.
That gives me more time to collect as more pictures.

Thank all that save the Canvas.

August 21, 2014 at 6:29 am
Tessa

Thank you, so much! You have no idea! This is wonderful. I was so sad that all my wok would be lost forever, but now it won’t. Yay!

August 21, 2014 at 7:13 am
kjohnson

I am thrilled, I have been working like crazy, to try and finish, my family book and was disappointed with what I was going to have to leave out because of time constraints. Thank you

August 21, 2014 at 7:18 am
Jeff Lovitt

I was so excited to learn of this yesterday!!!!! I am working on three major branches of my family tree, and am now on the second of the three. I was huffing and puffing trying to get everything done and done right in time, but now, I can take it slower and make more sure I’m getting my research done right as I put it down in my project before printing! Thank you Alexander’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 21, 2014 at 7:42 am
prallums

This is the best news we have had in the 12 years I have been doing this. Ancestry research is my man hobby and it is great to know that this service will still be available..Thank you for keeping myCanvas around. Also, it looks like this option is the best you could do.

August 21, 2014 at 7:47 am
prallums

Correction: I meant “main hobby” :-)

August 21, 2014 at 7:49 am
Heather

BEST NEWS EVER!!! Now I can finish my projects. Thank you Ancestry!!!

August 21, 2014 at 8:27 am
Sharon

Thank you for listening to those of us who bring our research to fruition by publishing our findings and sharing our family history stories. My Canvas’ unique focus on historical images and great selection of graphics has been a major reason why many choose it to present their family research.
Sharon

August 21, 2014 at 10:10 am
Judy

Such good news. Glad to be able to continue creating a book for my grandchildren. Losing Canvas was depressing.

August 21, 2014 at 11:20 am
Kevin

This is great news, I found out that my father is a direct descendent from a couple of passengers on the mayflower so I am trying to get information together to get it published

August 21, 2014 at 11:47 am
Wendy Wood

That is such good news! I was so bummed. I have tried a couple of other sites since learning of the closure of this site. I really missed the mycanvas site. (learning curve etc but also quality.) thank you

August 21, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Kathy Doddridge

This is fabulous news and I really appreciate this continuing. I have been stressing out trying to get my next book finished before the September deadline. Now I can take a breath!

August 21, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Deborah

A BIG thank you! What a relief. I am doing a happy dance right now! Thank you Thank you!!!

August 21, 2014 at 2:42 pm
Caroline

OMG! I can’t tell you how happy I am to hear this!!!! I’m so glad to know that this service will continue! THANK YOU!!!

August 21, 2014 at 3:02 pm
Alf

That is fantastic news I’m glad we will still be able to get our family tree books published. Now the next step is to make it fully accesable to Canada instead of us making a PDF version

August 21, 2014 at 3:15 pm
Retta

Ancestry.com just made my day , am so glad you are keeping My Canvas.

August 21, 2014 at 3:39 pm
Michelle

Hey Ancestry, great call!!!! So happy you cared enough to do this!

August 21, 2014 at 4:45 pm
Lynda

Thank YOU so much, Alexander’s!!! I was also one that was bummed out I have invested countless hours on books that I continue to work on and order. And I am not young, so it was very traumatic when I learned MyCanvas planned to close down. God Bless YOU and your future endeavor!!!

August 21, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Sherrie

This is good news (are you planning to send emails to customers, because I only discovered by accident).

August 21, 2014 at 6:14 pm
Alan

Great news, The partnership with Alexanders is a great move . Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 21, 2014 at 10:12 pm
James

It is nice to see all the accolades for My Canvas, but since I live in Canada, I never got to use the service ( I tried….) because Ancestry refuses to deliver their products to my country (except for my World Membership fees). I see that Alexanders plans to deliver their products to Ancestry customers in Canada–Great move!

August 21, 2014 at 10:50 pm
Chris

Bravo!!!!
The books I have produced using My Canvas, have become the foundation document for our family’s history. Great to know it can continue to be a Living document.

August 22, 2014 at 5:04 am
Troy Dawson

Good news and thank you.

August 22, 2014 at 6:50 am
Mary

I Cried when I saw the GOOD news. Thank you, this is such a relief. So many of my family members have been touched by what your site has allowed me to share through these books. Thank you, again.

August 22, 2014 at 7:46 am
Carrie

Yay!!! It has become my lifework to document my family histories using My Canvas — and I was devastated when I thought it would evaporate, because no other book service comes close to it. I am SOOO happy to be able to keep working on the long-term projects I’ve begun! Thanks to Alexander’s for continuing the service!

August 22, 2014 at 8:00 am
JEANNETTE

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! I JUST ORDERED MY THIRD PROJECT AND HAD BEEN IN PANIC THAT I NEEDED SEVERAL MORE BOOKS BEFORE YOU CLOSED THE SITE DOWN…SO GRATEFUL THAT YOU FOUND A WAY TO HELP US!!!

August 22, 2014 at 8:12 am
Friday Finds – 08/22/14

[...] MyCanvas Finds a New Home in Alexander’s, Ancestry.com [...]

August 22, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Antonio RS

This is fantastic news, I was about you use a new source but now I can keep this one.
I’m a happy camper now :)

August 22, 2014 at 4:23 pm
Martie

Fantastic news! I can now complete my project for the 2014 calendar! And, can continue for years to come.

August 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm
Roger Engelken

This is the result of speaking out loud and clear. You can indeed get results and overturn decisions. Never sit in a corner and accept the “inevitable” and instead fight for what you want.

August 22, 2014 at 6:06 pm
Dara

Thank You, Thank you, thank you, I love being able to publish my family books and could not figure out how I was going to be able to continue…..although the news did get me off my duff. Thank you again Ancestry…I love you

August 22, 2014 at 6:41 pm
Kelly

YAY!!! Thank you!!!

August 22, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Craig

As I stated in an earlier post, I am grateful that My Canvas will not abandon all of their customers and that I have time to finish my projects. I am concerned about Ancestry.com’s initial announcement about the “retirement” of My Canvas. Maybe it was just me, but I understood from the announcement that Ancestry.com ha devoted a great deal of resources to My Canvas…and that Ancestry.com actually owned the company that printed our books. Their announcement implied that all these My Canvas resources would be devoted to their “core” business”. Now it turns out that Ancestry.com didn’t own the printer thus didn’t really devote a great deal of resources to My Canvas…I feel that the announcement was misleading and even more difficult to understand…what are we talking about…My Canvas was primarily an on line business…we didn’t really talk to employees or use up any Ancestry.com resources except maybe memory on your computers…what would you really have saved or accomplished by shutting My Canvas down? It baffles me. Thank you for the change of heart but I still think you owe us a better explanation.

August 22, 2014 at 7:39 pm
John

Thank you for keeping this service. The 30 books I had published are excellent and treasured by my family.

August 22, 2014 at 8:48 pm
Carmen

Thank you so much!! I was in such a hurry to finish three projects. I was thinking that they were not going to be to my standards because of the rush!!!!!! Thank you again.

August 22, 2014 at 10:17 pm
Jess

Thank You So Much! I was worried about having to print incomplete books.

August 22, 2014 at 10:50 pm
Carol Norman

I spent all summer working my fingers to the bone to make the four books I had been planning to do “one day”. Even though they were not quite all that I wanted them to be, I was going to print them, as “something” was better than “nothing”. Thank goodness I had not hit the print button yet. Now I can step back, take a deep breath, and do a better job. At least your threat to shut down got me moving. Thank you so very much for listening to us and continuing the service!!

August 23, 2014 at 5:57 am
Valerie

Fantastic news – thank you!

August 23, 2014 at 11:30 am
Therese

Thank you for listening to your customers that love you so much.

August 23, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Diane

That is awesome news!!! Although I haven’t taken advantage of MyCanvas as of yet, I am glad to hear it’s staying put so that I can use it anytime. I look forward to putting together my book.

August 23, 2014 at 1:18 pm
DebS

As with the other commenters, Thank You. Both for the push to get working and the relief of finding Alexanders. I have been frantic trying to create and complete on-going projects for my 2 sons. One son just married in April and it may seem a bit awkward to say “Welcome to the Family dear, do you have a Family Tree?” (admit it, that is what we in the hobby are thinking~and those not in the hobby do not understand). Fortunately, she is an ancestry member so we were able to share the HORROR! of the announcement in June, haha. The Sept 30 deadline has persuaded my other son’s In-laws to attend an upcoming family reunion with their (mostly) blank pedigree charts in hand. Win-Win.

August 23, 2014 at 2:00 pm
RJBarnes

Relief is an understatement. It took ten years to develop our BARNES Family history book and to find that it would no longer be available for publication was devastating. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

August 23, 2014 at 6:34 pm
Jennie Polyblank

Thank you Ancestry – life now has been enhanced again. Have given up my Summer holiday in order to work on my project – only taken 5.5 years – Brilliant news.

August 24, 2014 at 12:58 am
Heather

Hallelujah!!! Best news I’ve heard in a long time!! No other online book creator comes close in my opinion!!! Very happy and excited!! Thank you!!!

August 24, 2014 at 7:04 am
brigitte

Thank you so much, I was going nuts trying to get everything done in a short time, after years of research.

August 24, 2014 at 7:19 am
Kay chapman

Thank you so much. It’s so great that a large Corporation actually listened to its users. This move can do your company nothing but good.

August 24, 2014 at 9:12 am
Patti Salvaggio

Oh thank heavens! This means I don’t have to “rush” to finish this project. I can also work on my husband’s side too. Or maybe he can work on it ;)

August 24, 2014 at 9:58 am
Rose

What a relief! I just used this service recently and was soooooo pleased with the result. Then I saw that it was being terminated. I was in a rush to make a few more family pedigree charts before mycanvas ended, and I was under a lot of pressure. Now I have time to work on the projects the way I want and enjoy them! Thanks for hearing us.

August 24, 2014 at 10:52 am
Colleen

Thank you! I love being able to make posters and books on the same website that I use to store my family tree.

August 24, 2014 at 11:23 am
Yvonne

Y-e-s!!!!!

August 24, 2014 at 11:45 am
Carol Udart

I am SO HAPPY about this. Thank you for listening to us, and figuring out this solution.
I also was so discouraged that the book I had created, as well as the time spent learning this product (not that its that hard) was all going away. I did order 4 more of my books to have in case I needed more, but thats ok because now I have them if needed.
I Thank You, as countless others have said here too. Such a feeling of relief not to try to find another resource

August 24, 2014 at 2:31 pm
Carol Udart

Was an email sent out announcing this news, as it was in June for the news of the product going away? I just found this news by accident.
Please send out an email announcing this great news, too, so even more of your customers will breathe a sigh of relief.

August 24, 2014 at 2:42 pm
Mary Gaiser

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! I am working on a Christmas present for my mother, and wanted to do a good job. Now I know I can with the extra time.

August 24, 2014 at 2:42 pm
bilal

hip hip, hooray!

August 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm
Denise

Thank you, thank you! I just want a little more time to figure out how to add pictures! Thank YOU!

August 24, 2014 at 7:31 pm
Gayle

I too am So very happy to hear the news. Having a family history book printed is a natural progression to gathering all that research and what better than to have a hard copy on the coffee table. For me it was having something tangible for 14 years of hard work. I am working on others now. Once again thank you its great news.

August 24, 2014 at 8:46 pm
Natalya

Oh, what great news!!!!!! I’m thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :):):) This is just wonderful! I was stressing out and so disappointed at the prospect of losing MyCanvas! What great news!!! Thank you!

August 25, 2014 at 1:08 am
Karen

Thank goodness!!! Thanks ancestry.com … this would have been a huge loss to all of us with finished, in flight and planned projects using this fantastic software.

August 25, 2014 at 3:45 am
Mary Lou

I am so relieved. I have been working every spare minute to work on my projects. I do hope we can keep our projects, but for now, we do have more time to keep working on the ones we have started. Yeah!

August 25, 2014 at 2:04 pm
Anna Marie

I can’t begin to thank all who were involved in keeping this wonderful extension of Ancestry. I have printed one beautiful book but sill have five more to go. Thank you Ancestry for listening to all of us who wrote in.

August 25, 2014 at 4:34 pm
debbie

thank you!!!!

August 25, 2014 at 6:22 pm
Angela & David Williams

Thank you, thank you, thank you….I am so happy you are making provisions for us…this is a sure sign of a company with great integrity and consideration for its customers.

August 26, 2014 at 7:54 am
Jeanne

I know that I am just one of so many who are so grateful that you are keeping the MyCanvas feature. We all want to share with our own families the hours of research we have been able to accomplish through Ancestry.com and the books are so appreciated by everyone. Thank you!

August 26, 2014 at 8:50 am
Connie

Thank you so much for keeping the MyCanvas feature. I love it.

August 26, 2014 at 11:46 am
Katrena

What a relief, I am so happy that MyCanvas has found a new home with Alexander’s. I have been working so hard to complete my project, thanks a billion.

August 26, 2014 at 2:21 pm
Linda

Horray!! I’m so happy to read this! I’ve wanted to create a book ever since Rootstech. So happy to know this will still be a possibility! I’ve been able to save so many pictures to Ancestry that I thought I would have to transfer to another program. Now I won’t have to.

August 26, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Kim

Yes!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

I put so much work into my projects, but I couldn’t have finished them by the deadline. I’m so excited!

August 26, 2014 at 3:35 pm
Barbara

Great news. Even though I worked feverishly to finish some projects, I am glad to have an opportunity to complete some others. ;)

August 26, 2014 at 6:36 pm
Denise

I made a book for my mother a few years ago and it came out fantastic. I am now in the process of an update. Thanks for removing the September deadline. Thank you, thank you, thank you

August 27, 2014 at 2:43 am
Mike

Great News,, doing the research is fun for me, but the real value to my family is the ability to share that research in a tangible way. Without Mycanvas my work would have died with me, I now can pass on this work to future generations, which is why I started the research to begin with.

August 27, 2014 at 8:14 am
Linda

Thank you soooo much! This is great news!

August 27, 2014 at 9:52 am
Debbie

It is such a relief to know that MyCanvas will continue to be supported. There is just nothing out there that compares it it! After many years of research I was finally putting it all together in a book for my family and was so stressed to know that if I didn’t meet the deadline all was going to be lost,. Thank you so much, Ancestry, for taking all of our comments to heart!!

August 27, 2014 at 10:51 am
Stephen

While this appears to be good news, I think that Ancestry missed the boat here. The issue was not the backend printing but the capabilities within the book design tool. There are “tons” of digital printing firms that can print books in the US.

August 27, 2014 at 11:35 am
Ella R. Erickson

Thank you for keeping MyCanvas in operation! I am sure the work will continue to be first class…..

August 27, 2014 at 4:26 pm
Scott

Thanks!!!….our project is 187 pages…..currently the limit is 120 pages….don’t like the 2 volume book idea….please bring back the 250 page printing option….would like to order a few more books!!!!

August 27, 2014 at 6:56 pm
Tracey C

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I was very disappointed in this news and was trying to rush my books before the September 30th deadline. I was going to have to do a sloppy job in publishing them just to have a book to keep! I used this as a gift last year for my in-laws and was able to take my time and they came out beautiful! I was hoping for the same type of books for my side of the family! This is great news!!!!!

August 28, 2014 at 6:14 am
Katy

I am so happy for this news!! i cried over the news that you were closing! thank you!

August 28, 2014 at 8:56 am
cj

.Great News….I Have 7 Books On The Go For Printing When You’re Up And Running

August 28, 2014 at 9:44 am
Barbara Brown

Yay!!! I have been frantically working to complete all of my current projects and had been disappointed that I would not be able to start future projects. Now, I can rest assured that the quality I have come to expect will continue and that the service which is so convenient will remain. Thank you My Canvas and good luck to Alexander’s!

August 28, 2014 at 9:46 am
Angela

Oh wonderful! Thank you!!!!!!

August 28, 2014 at 10:14 am
Bill

What wonderful news. I guess I’m coming late to the party, but I wholeheartedly agree with the comments already posted regarding this development. I was starting to tear out what hair I have left out when I read the original intention. I would like to add my thanks to Alexander’s for continuing this tremendous service.

August 28, 2014 at 10:35 am
Cherri

I am sooooo excited that My Canvas is remaining. I took 4 days off this week to finish projects. I might actually be able to save some vacation days. This is my favorite feature. Thank you for finding the new home it shows Ancestry.com’s dedication and responsefullness to it’s users.

August 28, 2014 at 10:59 am
MARY CAROL BORING

I AM VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE FOUND ANOTHER HOME FOR MY CANVAS. I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE ALL MY INFORMATION LOST FOREVER. THANK YOU. I WILL BE ABLE TO DO A GOOD NEAT JOB ON MY PROJECTS. I WAS RUSHING AND NOTHING WAS OF PROFESSIONAL QUALITY. NOW I CAN TAKE MY TIME.

August 28, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Debra Conn

Thank you for listening to your customers! At least I got motivated to work on my current book again. Am looking forward to seeing the new features on Alexander.

August 28, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Ken Saling

This is great news. I have used Mycanvas for a few years and had plans for more books, so I am thrilled it will continue. Thank you, Ken Saling

August 28, 2014 at 2:54 pm
Liz F

Thank you for listening :-) very pleased

August 28, 2014 at 2:59 pm
Joanne B

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been trying to get my tree up to date so I could have it printed before “my canvas” was no longer available. Glad I have more time to get this done! :-)

August 29, 2014 at 7:33 am
Ann

Thank you! MyCanvas is a wonderful tool and I am thrilled that Alexander plans to offer even more features.

August 29, 2014 at 8:55 am
Elaine

Thank you, thank you, and thank you…Extremely happy with this outcome!

August 29, 2014 at 11:25 am
Julie S

I appreciate that you considered your customers feelings on this issue. Seriously contemplated leaving you because of it. I am a long term customer with countless projects I have purchased and working on. I can finally relax. Thank you!

August 29, 2014 at 11:42 am
P Jam,

I am SO glad to hear this! I was following a reminder in my calendar to get in here and spend the next two days furiously putting together information to at least get a rudimentary chart printed. Thank you. Thank you!

August 29, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Bonnie

Thank goodness. I just downloaded BookSmart yesterday to make a change but now I will stick with MyCanvas. I hope they add some different graphics and backgrounds. I feel like Pharrell Williams…. Happy! Happy! Happy!

August 29, 2014 at 2:29 pm
Jody

I am so happy with this news!!! Thank you for finding a new and fitting partner.

August 29, 2014 at 3:06 pm
Jennifer

So relieved to hear the news! Thanks!

August 29, 2014 at 4:26 pm
Kendra

I’m so happy! I have hundreds of hours into a project and have been scrambling to get it completed. I’ve been worried that the end result would not be as perfect as I wanted but now I can take the time I need to get it completed perfectly! THANK YOU!

August 29, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Nancy

THANK YOU so much! I work on my genealogy in the fall-early spring. Summer if filled with gardening and other activities. I was so afraid I would not get my project finished in time. This is wonderful news!

August 29, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Fran Smith

Ditto, ditto , ditto. It didn’t make sense that the whole publishing enterprise would be discontinued. i hope some arrangements will be made to keep the books already completed available in perpetuity. They represent a great deal of time and work and can be meaningful to generations to come. Thanks for these new arrangements.

August 29, 2014 at 11:03 pm
Diane Anderson

So happy about this!

August 30, 2014 at 1:28 am
Val

How good is that. So pleased I won’t have to work at breakneck speed anymore. Thanks. :-)

August 30, 2014 at 1:36 am
Kate

What a relief. I have been desperately trying to update and print out valuable trees kept here on your website as all the photos were lost on an old computer. Now I can relax and continue assembling the family trees I have done for myself and friends.
A huge thank you and yes I think its just brilliant.

August 30, 2014 at 4:21 am
Mini

Thanks so much. I knew Ancestry would not let us down. I too love the layouts and options that MyCanvas has to offer. Thanks for keeping our projects alive. Yet, I must admit that knowing I had to finish the book, made me do it. Thanks again.

August 30, 2014 at 10:40 am
Chris

This is such great news! I was rushing to wrap up my latest project and now I can focus on quality again. I made a book on my paternal ancestors a few years ago and my relatives absolutely loved it. I am thrilled to hear that others will have the opportunity to put all of their hard work into something that non-genealogists in the famly can enjoy as well. A huge thanks to Alexander’s!

August 30, 2014 at 11:14 am
Pam

Thank you, Ancestry, for saving MyCanvas! What a relief. It is a wonderful tool, so convenient, and it is very much appreciated that you’ve found a way to save it for your members.

August 30, 2014 at 1:29 pm
John T. Babcock

I’m so glad to hear that we will still be able to publish our family history book thru My Canvas. I was in the process of redoing my book by typing everything over in Word and then recopying the pictures that I was putting in the book as well. Thank god you were able to find a company to pick up after My Canvas is finished. Go Ancestry.

August 30, 2014 at 3:30 pm
Irene

Couldnt be more thank full and reliefed to read you are staying, it has been quiet a journey looking for My Ancestors a lot of time and effort has gone into my books so so pleased.
thank you.

August 30, 2014 at 5:55 pm
Carmen

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!+

August 30, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Lauren

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This is wonderful news!

August 30, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Karen

I can’t see the projects I started. There seems to be a code error.

August 30, 2014 at 9:27 pm
Chris Rubeo

Thank You!

August 30, 2014 at 10:08 pm
Marion Allen

Just great news!

August 31, 2014 at 5:12 am
Judith Monte

I am very happy to hear that My Canvas is not going away. Also, I would like to request that Alexanders will be able to supply electronic copy products (E-book or DVD or some electronic form of any books we create) as well as hard copy books.

August 31, 2014 at 9:39 am
Cheryl

Awesome! I am so grateful! Thank you so much for finding another way to keep this option available for us.

August 31, 2014 at 10:15 am
Susan

So happy My Canvas is staying!!! Now I can continue to work on my family book. Thank you so much for keeping it on. :)

August 31, 2014 at 11:04 am
Elaine

So glad to hear about the continued availability! Thank you!

August 31, 2014 at 11:41 am
Natalie

Just want to add to the thank-yous. This is a huge blessing and my family so so happy.

August 31, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Cathie Bullis

So happy to hear this news. I am frantically trying
to get my second album done for my 90 year old mother. Yay!!!!

August 31, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Shona

Wonderful news, hopefully Alexanders will take orders from Canada that would REALLY be awesome.

August 31, 2014 at 1:20 pm
Thom Paul Brandtzæg

That is wonderful News, I love it. I have two book projects going, and many relatives of mine are buying books now and then. Thanks for making the site available in the future.

August 31, 2014 at 2:24 pm
Emma

Love it.

August 31, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Gloria

I’m so relieved…thanks so much for continuing this service!

August 31, 2014 at 8:43 pm
Norma

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

September 1, 2014 at 6:05 am
Lorna

This is wonderful news, I was so upset when my canvas was stopping, having the albums of my research added to the whole experience, without it they were nothing more than sheets of paper in a folder. A great tool, and certainly a great thing that this is being kept in operation

September 1, 2014 at 7:50 am
Michelle

Awesome! I am so relieved I will not be losing 5 years worth of work. The threat of MyCanvas closing made me finally order a poster tree (one that was completed) and I was very impressed with the high quality of the print, as was my entire family. I hope for the same quality with the new printer and look forward to finishing more projects!

September 1, 2014 at 9:55 am
Tamra

Thank Goodness!! I love this site! I have several more books to make and had no idea how I was going to get it done without MYCANVAS! The program is unmatched in quality and ease of use! Thanks again, Tamra

September 1, 2014 at 10:35 am
June

I can’t have better news than to know that the canvas program will be continued. It is such a wonderful way to help preserve history. Thank you very much.

September 1, 2014 at 11:42 am
Mary Petite

This is excellent news. I personally called Ancestry.com last week to express my appreciation. Thank you

September 1, 2014 at 5:26 pm
Colin

Terrific news. I can now relax a little and complete my current project at a more leisurely pace. Thank you.

September 1, 2014 at 10:26 pm
Charlotte

This is fantastic news! Thank you so so much! I know a lot of questions were raised about Alexander’s shipping to Canada which they have confirmed they will, will they ship to the UK also? HUGE thanks again!

September 2, 2014 at 12:30 am
Ginger

So pleased to hear this! I had so many more projects planned and was searching for other resources where I could make them. Now I can stick with the one I know best. Thank you for working this out!

September 2, 2014 at 7:45 am
Karen

Thank you so much !! My family loves the poster I made for my Dads side of the family and I was scrambling to complete Moms side. They make great Xmas gifts.

September 2, 2014 at 2:06 pm
Lucian Hughes

That’s great, one improvement I would like to see is being able to add more generations for a calander or other project, and another would be the ability to add more then three dates to a giving day on a calander.

September 2, 2014 at 5:57 pm
Brett Clark

Up until now, MyCanvas was not available to us here in Canada. From what I hear Alexanders will now sell to Canadians. Finally no more feeling like a second-class customer, very excited indeed!!

September 2, 2014 at 9:42 pm
William Pritchard

Brilliant news. I’ve had four books printed by this service and want to do another one. Thanks.

September 3, 2014 at 7:34 am
Lisa Serrano

Words can’t express how glad I am that this software will still be available. It is easy to use and provided everything I needed in one place.

September 3, 2014 at 8:01 am
Sueski

YAY!! I am sooo happy! I hope the quality remains the same. The ease-to-use program is a blessing for those of us no computer literate. Thanks for keeping MyCanvas on Ancestry.Com

September 3, 2014 at 10:36 am
Dianne

THANK YOU! I was panicking and glad to see I can make this work. I checked other sites and nothing compares to this one for design, style, and connectivity to what we already have on ancestry.

September 3, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Alice Newberry

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I was so upset that you were dropping this service. I was panicking because I had books in process that I had to do and had been away on leave. The service has been top notch and no one else connects to Ancestry to publish and integrate genealogy, stories, pictures, etc. like My Canvas does This is a great relief.

September 3, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Bruce

Thank you for the info – I still have several more tasks to complete..

September 3, 2014 at 5:04 pm
Alice Newberry

PS If Alexander’s could add word wrap to their system, I would be ecstatic!

September 3, 2014 at 5:04 pm
Cynthia Utterback

This is awesome news! Thank you!

September 3, 2014 at 9:58 pm
mouna mounayer

This is great news. I printed my family history books with you and my projects took five years of research, so I was devastated when I hear the news. This reprieve is fantastic.

September 4, 2014 at 7:33 am
kimiandale

This is the BEST NEWS EVER! I have a BIG project in the works and was feeling a lot of pressure to get it finished. Under the old timeline, it would have been less than what I wanted it to be. Thank you for caring about your customers. Alexander…you WILL get my business!

September 4, 2014 at 8:39 am
Bobbi

Thank you – love these books and it is so rewarding to see my creations and research in print.

September 4, 2014 at 10:38 am
Frederick Milligan

Saved by Alexander … Thank You … Thank You… Thank You.

September 4, 2014 at 10:52 am
Ron Holloway

Thanks this is good news, really didn’t want to loose all that we had put together.

September 4, 2014 at 11:53 am
Lisa

September 4, 2014 at 8:40 pm
Julie

I am over the moon with gratitude to you for finding a new outlet for us to print our genealogy books, and keep the ones we’ve already printed for posterity!

September 5, 2014 at 9:45 am
Tonya

Thank you so much! I was devastated when I heard MyCanvas was going away. Now I can update the book I created for my grandmother which she loved. She has now departed and I wanted to make sure to update the project one final time in her honor. So glad I can do this and not worry about trying to rush things before the service went away.

September 5, 2014 at 3:00 pm
Janet Terrase

I am really thankful that you have another Company to take over the My Canvas Projects.

September 5, 2014 at 8:41 pm
Nancy Shephard

SO relieved our FH project will not be removed as my daughter and I spent10 years on the research and we want to make the book available to other relatives around the world, Thank You !.

September 6, 2014 at 6:36 am
Sandra

Very happy and relieved to have this option! I’m fed up with syncing problems on Family Treemaker and just uninstalled it!

September 6, 2014 at 6:14 pm
Miriam

Hurray!!! Thank you, this is wonderful news!!!

September 7, 2014 at 8:37 am
Margaret

So excited to hear this news!!!!!! Thank you so much for listening to us and continuing to make the site available! I loved my first book and was furiously rushing to make the next one. Now I can relax and do more research and make the book even better!

September 7, 2014 at 11:58 am
mitch

Thank you for giving the gift of family history and not going away.

September 7, 2014 at 3:19 pm
Margie

This is great news!!

September 11, 2014 at 12:30 pm
Kathy

Soooo thankful to just learn today that you are continuing the service. I can now do so many more books with more time to do them right. It would be great if you could have Alexander give us the choice of fonts before the book is created from our tree. If anyone can tell me how this is already done, I would be most appreciative. Amen to our continued printing of our histories!!! Thanks!

September 11, 2014 at 2:41 pm
Renata

It is awesome news. Thank you for your effort to make it work. I’m really relieved to not loose my hours of work putting books together. Thank you!!!

September 11, 2014 at 5:45 pm
Kara

I am so relieved that the My Canvas site will continue to be available. Thank you.

September 12, 2014 at 6:52 pm
Patricia

****OH. THANK YOU!!!****
I was scrambling to try to meet the Sept 30th deadline to print books for the kids as keepsakes. WHEU now I can take that off my shoulders and just enjoy the process again! This will allow me to make them the way I really want them.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 12, 2014 at 9:00 pm
Caz

Excellent news. Great products, great gifts. Thank you!!!

September 13, 2014 at 3:30 pm
Thelma

OH Thank you so much. I am so relieved to know I will not lose all those hours of work I have done on my book. Thanks again.

September 14, 2014 at 12:38 pm
Latrice

I am so happy to hear you will be continuing the MyCanvas service. I was concerned I was not going to get all of my updates in before the Sept 30th deadline. Thanks for thinking of all of us who use your service.

September 14, 2014 at 9:21 pm
F. Jepsen

Thank you so much!!!!! I was ENRAGED that you were discontinuing the service and thinking about canceling my subscription. Thankfully someone came to their senses, and more calmer minds prevailed. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

September 15, 2014 at 1:06 am
peepseeker

Best news ever! I’m scrambling to get my tree done for my father soon to be 94. This has been the best experience for us both because he has LOTS of family history to share. This has given him a real purpose in life and we talk for hours. He has identified many distant relatives from family photos. What a Birthday present! Thanks for listening to your members. So grateful.

September 15, 2014 at 5:59 am
Dawn Bohannon

What have you don to this site?? It is not usable. Only the top 1/3 of the screen is visable. If you click FULL SCREEN, all options appear but the message says: You cannot add text or edit in full screen mode. Whatever you have done, this program no longer works.
AARRGHH!

September 15, 2014 at 4:19 pm
Edy Garrison

Thank you so very much! I’ve been crazy trying to tie up loose ends! Now, if the ‘experts’ could work for a little less, I’d be able to find some ‘lost’ folks.

September 15, 2014 at 7:22 pm
Catherine George

Think goodness. I thought 7 years wirk was all for naught. Now I hope Alexander’s will be able to deal with Canadian subscribers as setting up a U.S, address doesn’t make sense. We’s rather pay the duties,

September 16, 2014 at 1:14 pm
Carol Vieth

Thank you; for all the reasons mentioned by the other commenters.

September 19, 2014 at 2:39 pm
SUSAN JOLLY

What great news. Many years of work that I was worried would be lost. Thanks.

September 19, 2014 at 7:26 pm
MARY FRANCES ABBOTT

Thank you so much and now one southern lady can breathe easier and enjoy the program!

September 21, 2014 at 5:16 pm
Deborah LaDay

Thank you Jesus! This is great news.

September 22, 2014 at 7:27 am
Missie

Very good business, Ancestry.com! Way to listen to your customers and take action. You’re a good role model for others. THANK YOU!

September 22, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Susan

I am soooooooooo pleased. I was hoping to write another book this winter–the season I have long nights & time to work on my tree–about 0ne of my tree’s branches. Now I will actually get to do it. My own Family is vastly more interesting to me than some ‘celebrity’ & I can’t imagine why you-all would put your time & money into “Finding Your Roots’ rather than the ancillary apps & programs we could use to fine & illustrate our own roots.

September 22, 2014 at 7:39 pm
loretta miles

All i can say is that I’m so grateful

September 22, 2014 at 9:13 pm
DelvisFernandez

MIL GRACIAS – Thank You!!

September 23, 2014 at 12:35 pm
Julie

Thank you for staying on. I am nearly able to afford my two projects to be produced by your professional staff. I have worked so hard but had little money to be able to get them both printed. Thank you for giving us all more time. Have had previous projects done up with you and they were perfect.

September 24, 2014 at 2:18 am
Eileen Manza

This is such exciting news!!! My family and I were devastated to hear that MyCanvas was retiring. Thrilled that it will be around for a long time. Thanks again.

September 24, 2014 at 7:09 am
Beth Dreves

I am so so so so happy that MyCanvas will remain operational! My family tree book means so much me and our family. We love to update it…. we are now on our 4 edition of this evolving history! This was the best decision Ancestry ever made…..Thank you!

September 24, 2014 at 9:17 am
RonSpoerl

What great news. I have looked all the things I was able to create via MyCanvas. I’ll be looking for some new “winter projects” and looking forward to the same great quality.

September 24, 2014 at 2:46 pm
RonSpoerl

What great news. I have loved all the things I was able to create via MyCanvas. I’ll be looking for some new “winter projects” and looking forward to the same great quality.

September 24, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Viola Boykin

Thanks a million! I have worked long and hard on my family history book and want to continue adding the newest generations.

September 25, 2014 at 2:12 pm
Belinda Smith

I am Soooo glad to hear that MyCanvas is not going away.

September 25, 2014 at 8:40 pm
Sheryl Young Rios

I am so thrilled I love the My Canvas part of Ancestry.

September 26, 2014 at 4:34 pm
Joseph

I cannot thank you enough! Im glad you made every effort to make sure the customers are not left out to dry.

September 26, 2014 at 4:52 pm
Astrid Odegard

I am happy. Now some relatives in Norway can review what has been published

September 27, 2014 at 1:05 pm
Raymond Le Clair

Keeping MyCanvas, whoever owns it, is a very good decision!!! It’s a great program (although the price for ordering the final product that people create seems very expensive to me, considering that customers do all the work).
My biggest hope is that Alexander’s will find a way for customers to offer part of their work to other customers who wish to make their own book. What I mean is this: I have distant cousins who would like to have the first 6 or 7 genereations now in my book (i.e., our common ancesters), but they want to develop a book for their line by continuing at the point where our family trees diverge. It seems to me that allowing such sharing between me and my cousins will be profitable for Alexander’s and Ancestry. Essentially, my book becomes a good means for both Alelander’s and Ancestry’s gaining new customers because my cousins from a different line would be required to get membership in Ancestry to make a book for their own line and then order it from Alexanders. My cousins would be very happy, too, to get a book that is tailor made for their line, not mine. It’s a win-win-win situation. Has such a thing been discussed? Anyone else out there interested in such a feature?

September 27, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Dominique

This is the best news! Thank you Ancestry.com for making our wish come true!

September 27, 2014 at 4:55 pm
Randy Benton

Thank goodness! This is an excellent program and really easy to use. Thank you to all the Ancestry personnel for your hard work and dedication in making Ancestry the best family research tool available! It has been an invaluable asset for me. Again, thank you…:-)

Respectfully….Randy Benton, Rockingham, N.C.

September 28, 2014 at 10:02 am
Tami

This is the best news ever!!! Thank God, if preserving family heritage is important, My Canvas is one of the best ways to do it. Whew … we dodge a bullet there.

September 28, 2014 at 10:11 am
Sonja Dabney

I am so happy tears are flowing. I felt a great sense of loss because there is such great joy knowing I can make these types of permanent mementos for my family.

September 29, 2014 at 4:44 pm
Pat Brenchley

Wonderful news.The family tree posters are the very best. I can now keep doing what I love doing for family and friends. Thank you

September 30, 2014 at 4:41 am
Wendi

Thank you so much for sticking around. You have the best online scrapbooking tool out there. The posters are fantastic. I have been wondering what I was going to do this year for my annual Christmas gifts. THANK YOU Alexander for taking mycanvas over.

September 30, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Ed Monroe

Are they going to charge for it?

September 30, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Bill Anderson

I’m so happy! I had completed one album and ordered two copies, and wanted to complete a total of five other albums by Sep 30 and finally gave up due to time constraints. Now I can continue my projects using software with which I am familiar and using the greater than 2000 pics I have entered on my ancestry.com site. Thank you so much for continuing to make this available.

October 3, 2014 at 9:29 am
Kristne Ringsrud

Oh, YAY! This is such wonderful news! Thank you!

October 4, 2014 at 10:56 am
Pat

Great news! Thank you, Ancestry.

October 4, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Silvrfox

Wonderful! I was having to bring closure to a project that I was ready to wrap up! Thank you!

October 5, 2014 at 6:09 pm
veronica B Vale

Thank you for listening to users of mycanvas. I have just received my family poster and am thrilled with the quality of it! I like, Aliza above hope that the pictures can be transferred like the data is to mycanvas and later to Alexanders. Also, it is a chore to enlaarge the text to all the names. Is there a shortcut that will allow me to increase to 14 pt faster?

October 5, 2014 at 7:36 pm
TONY SPADARO

THANK YOU, SMART MOVE ON YOUR PART, TONY
As I am a older person and not that good on computers
is there anyway that I can get HELP from
MY CANVAS so that I can a printed made of my family;s history. Thank You

October 6, 2014 at 4:26 pm
Estella James

Thank you very much for keeping MyCanvas. I love this tool.

October 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm
Pat Meadows

I need to add my belated thanks for keeping MyCanvas. I have two more projects in the works. Great tool.

October 8, 2014 at 1:25 pm
Lorna

Thank you so much for keeping My Canvas l was in the middle of Two books and was in a hurry to finish before the deadline but all is “”Great “” thank you for keeping it l simple love it.

October 12, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Vivian Bekele

Whew!!! I am glad for the reprieve since I never understood the decision to eliminate “My Canvas” unless is was not financially productive…but I am very happy for the decision to keep it since I use it constantly publishing at least 13 books with 2 on the back burner.

October 15, 2014 at 5:04 am
Sarah

Thank you so much! Such a relief. I have been making our family calendars for the past five years using My Canvas, and I didn’t know what I was going to do this year. I’m so happy!

October 16, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Juliett

Thank You So MUCH. I have been working on one for a long time but only on and off as I have so many other things taking up time. Now I can go back and forth and not loose what I have been working on.

October 18, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Val

Alexanders..THANK YOU! This is such a unique and quality product that allows us all to publish books to leave as a legacy. I hope the quality will remain the same – as you are the publishers, I guess so. I can’t tell you what a relief this is – 100′s of hours of my life has gone into my books that are treasures for my family.

October 19, 2014 at 9:16 am