Posted by on June 28, 2014 in Who Do You Think You Are?

WDYTYA

This Summer sees the ever popular BBC show Who Do You Think You Are return to our screens with a stellar lineup of British and Irish celebrities. Launched in 2004, the show will hit its 100th episode during the upcoming series.

Scottish comedian Billy Connolly and Mrs. Brown’s Boys star Brendan O’Carroll will feature this year in what promises to be a season that delivers a roller coaster of emotions. We are all accustomed to the highs and lows of researching our own family history and this year WDYTYA UK promises tears, humor and unexpected revelations.

Billy Connolly, who for many epitomizes the charm and wit associated with the Scottish, may find he has more diversity in his past than he expected.

Mary Berry of the Great British Bake Off fame delves into her family’s history, Brian Blessed discovers a past worthy of a Dickens novel, Tazmin Outhwaite explores the rags to riches story in her family tree, and Brendan O’Carroll faces a murder mystery in his.

Also featured this season are actresses Sheridan Smith and Julie Walters, DJ Reggie Yates, Judge John Deed star Martin Shaw, and Model Twiggy.

About Brian Gallagher

Brian is the International Social Media Specialist for Ancestry, working closely with our United Kingdom, Sweden and Australian teams.

Michael Brett

I think it should read Reggie Yates!!!!!

June 28, 2014 at 9:47 am
Colin Allen

Start date please?

June 28, 2014 at 11:46 am
Jennifer Symien

I, like Colin Allen, would also like the dates of the programmes

June 28, 2014 at 1:54 pm
mike burgess

All these people can afford to do their own research, it would be nice for the programme to pick at random, 1 ordinary person and do their family tree in every series.

June 28, 2014 at 4:01 pm
Valerie Kenny

Have booked 2 day ticket for WDYTYA Glasgow really looking forward to it so happy to be attending the very first show in Scotland

June 28, 2014 at 4:11 pm
Pat Jones

Can the programs be see in the US and if so, how?

Would also like to see you do a program for an average person who has a really tough brick wall. It would be interesting to see how the “pros” in genealogy find a way around/over that brickwall.

June 28, 2014 at 5:31 pm
Eleanor Swinburn

I love this program and would also like to know when and I also agree with Mike Burgess, would be great to see a non celebrity given the same chance…

June 29, 2014 at 1:44 am
Brian Gallagher

The BBC have not released a start date yet, but I will post an update when they do.

June 29, 2014 at 3:42 am
John James

I too would love to see it broadcast on TV here in the US. If BBC America were to pick it up for the US, that would be great; but they haven’t yet–to my knowledge. Conflict with the American version?

However, I have caught a number of BBC episodes on YouTube. Patrick Stewart comes to mind. You can watch them on any device you get YouTube on. I saw all of those YouTube episodes from the BBC on TV via my TiVo–but the YouTube audio/video quality is not consistent.

June 29, 2014 at 9:04 am