Posted by on December 2, 2013 in Contest

ACOM_BranchOut250x250_badge

Want a professional genealogist to work on your family tree?

Would you like to try the AncestryDNA test?

Think a photo album highlighting your research would make a good anniversary gift?

Then enter the Branch Out contest for your chance to win a Family History Package valued over $3,000 USD!

We are giving away six (6) of these great prize packages. Heidi Hall was our big winner in October, and we are looking for our next lucky recipient. Could it be you? The next drawing will be on January 5th 2014 so submit your entry now!

Simply provide your name, complete mailing address, email address, phone number, and a brief story (not to exceed 500 words in length) of your family history (the “Theme”). Please note the submitted stories will not be judged or graded, but it a mandatory step in entering the Sweepstakes. Also, this is a new promotional period, so those of you who entered the contest before will need to submit a new entry to be eligible for this contest.

This contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) and you can read all the Official Rules here.

HERE IS A LIST OF THE GOODIES IN THE PRIZE PACK

The Grand Prize winner, upon confirmation of eligibility, will receive the following prize package:

(a)   Twenty (20) hours of ProGenealogists research, which can be used in one of the following areas:

• Starting Your Tree: Researchers will start your family tree online at Ancestry.com
  • Using Ancestry.com Demo: Researchers will start or review your tree, show you how to use features of the site, add an ancestor to your tree, and teach you how to connect to other users
  • Family Finds: Researchers search for records on a few 19th and 20th century ancestors and find 2-3 records in the tree with an analysis of what the records show
  • Find the Star in Your Tree: Researchers will comb through your tree to find a story focused on a single ancestor or single family
  • Branching Out: Researchers will search multiple generations in the tree for a story that we can tell with an assortment of records, stories and locations
  • Research Plan: Researchers will dive into your family history brick wall and create a research plan for the member to use to try and make a breakthrough
  • Brick Wall Research: Researchers will pool their expertise to try to break through a brick wall in a member’s family tree. The request must be specific and focused and made for research in a country we have expertise in and there are available records to search

(b)   One (1) year Ancestry.com World Explorer Plus Membership

(c)   One (1) Ancestry.com DNA kit

(d)   One (1) 8×8 Premium Leather Photo Book from MyCanvas.com

The Grand Prize package has an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $3,346.

Make sure to enter now! Good luck!

SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES: Click here.

*Ancestry.com, at its own discretion, may select additional winners during the Promotional Periods.

About Kristie Wells

Kristie is Ancestry's Global Head of Social Media and Customer Engagement and is responsible for developing and managing the company's social media and social business offerings worldwide. She works with a team of community managers and social content developers to help educate Ancestry's existing customers, inspire new family historians and expand awareness into new social audiences and communities. She has a deep love of family history and is currently trying to break through the brick wall of her Christophier line (that we all know is really the 'Christopher' surname) and to one day prove - or disprove - the baron line of the Wells family. It shall be done.

Chorley Turtleshead

Will we have a prize draw on the UK site ? Oh but wait, the UK blog hasn’t been updated for 6 weeks, so its unlikely.

December 3, 2013 at 6:09 am
Brenda Hatfield

Tierney family in Crawford County, Missouri — brick walls; just can’t find much information (timeframe 1835-1860). Family originated from Ireland but having common names, again, hard to track down (and be accurate). LOVE GENEALOGY!!!

December 3, 2013 at 8:25 am
Sheri L Dodge

I absolutely LOVE Ancestry.com! I try to get as many of my friends involved in researching their trees as well by offering to help them get started. Being born in a very small town, I realized I am related to almost everyone and they may just hold the key to one of my many brick walls.

December 3, 2013 at 3:40 pm
Theresa Prophet

I was trying to find the parents names and birth places of my grandma grandparents her father was Isom Flowers from Lee County Georgia and her mom was Lizzy Johnson Flowers from Lee county Georgia as well. Our family doesn’t have anymore information on our family history beside that, not really sure where our roots starts here in America any help would be appreciated.

December 3, 2013 at 7:55 pm
morgan

John Wesley sutherlen was my great great grandfather ..not sure if he came from Scotland or Ireland . What I do know is he killed his daughters husband for womanizing…escaped to Indian territory …then was told he came back and was giving a trial in archer or Graham Texas. Cannot find any info. He did run and own a hotel in olney Texas. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

December 12, 2013 at 9:56 pm
Bridget Ziglinski

Omg…I am so intrigued in genealogy. I just wish I could find more of my family…I really need to branch out more. I’m looking for all different family members and I actually found one of my distant cousins and we realized we met a few years back but never knew we were related. We hope to get together after the holidays. I wish everyone who is looking through their family history finds what they are looking for. I just hope I can find out more about mine.

December 14, 2013 at 11:57 am
Sarah Melvey

Greetings! Just an FYI…the form for entering the contest does not recognize FPO/APO US military addresses overseas. I had to enter New York instead of AE (Armed Forces Europe) for my submission to be accepted. Thanks!

December 14, 2013 at 12:22 pm
Cathy caissie

Please figure out a way to include Canadians in your contests. We pay dearly for our memberships and contribute faithfully to Ancestry records. Since most Canadians have roots from anywhere but North America, it sure would be nice to win time with an expert!!
Thanks for the space to comment!

December 14, 2013 at 12:47 pm
Clare E.Karen

Hi All! Would like to find anything about my paternal grandparents…..The surname is “Treager” and family has it they came from Illinois….My father was Albert Treager, b. about 1899-1901. Need his parents names, origins, any history to help…..just for my own information. My mother was Bertha Lehman and I had one brother, Harry Daniel Treager.
I do know my father had a sister in Jamaica, N.Y. Tessie Shaw. never met her. He Also had a brother John who resided in Utica N.Y until his death in 1993, Would love to have a paternal history, my grandparents names, when they came from Germany etc. Please tell me what you can.
Thank you and know I am very appreciative…..Clare Karen

December 15, 2013 at 11:35 am
court

Peculiar article, exactly what I needed.

December 23, 2013 at 3:48 am
GPS Systems

of course like your web-site however you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very
bothersome to inform the reality nevertheless I’ll definitely come again again.

December 23, 2013 at 3:50 am
payroll tax calculator

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of
hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to
protect against hackers?

December 26, 2013 at 9:47 pm
Ancestry.com “Branch Out” Sweepstakes 2013 | SweepstakesDaily.com

[...] a $3,000 Family History Package Click Here To Enter Sweepstakes Now! or Click Here For Sweepstakes [...]

December 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm