You asked. We listened! We are excited to announce the Branch Out contest where six (6) lucky Grand-Prize Winners will have the opportunity to work with ProGenealogists to help shape their family tree. Whether you are just starting out, or you have been building your tree for years, now is your chance to work with an expert!
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the Sweepstakes by completing the registration form requesting your name, complete mailing address, email address, phone number, and a brief story (not to exceed 500 words in length) of your family history (the “Theme”). Submitted stories will not be judged or graded, however, providing a valid Theme-related story is a mandatory step in entering the Sweepstakes.
Official Rules can be found here - please note this is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia).
The six (6) Grand-Prize Winners will be selected from the entries submitted during one of the six Promotional Periods taking place between now and August 2014. The first Grand-Prize winner will be selected on November 5, 2013. Winners will then be selected in January, March, May, July, and September 2014*.
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
The Grand Prize winner, upon confirmation of eligibility, will receive the following prize package:
(a) Twenty (20) hours of ProGenealogists research, which can be used in one of the following areas:
- Starting Your Tree: Researchers will start your family tree online at Ancestry.com
- Using Ancestry.com Demo: Researchers will start or review your tree, show you how to use features of the site, add an ancestor to your tree, and teach you how to connect to other users
- Family Finds: Researchers search for records on a few 19th and 20th century ancestors and find 2-3 records in the tree with an analysis of what the records show
- Find the Star in Your Tree: Researchers will comb through your tree to find a story focused on a single ancestor or single family
- Branching Out: Researchers will search multiple generations in the tree for a story that we can tell with an assortment of records, stories and locations
- Research Plan: Researchers will dive into your family history brick wall and create a research plan for the member to use to try and make a breakthrough
- Brick Wall Research: Researchers will pool their expertise to try to break through a brick wall in a member’s family tree. The request must be specific and focused and made for research in a country we have expertise in and there are available records to search
(b) One (1) year Ancestry.com World Explorer Plus Membership
(c) One (1) Ancestry.com DNA kit
(d) One (1) 8×8 Premium Leather Photo Book from MyCanvas.com
The Grand Prize package has an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $3,346.
Excited yet? I know we are. Want to enter for a chance to win a Family History Package from Ancestry.com? Complete the registration form before 11:59:59 p.m. PT on October 31, 2013. The first Grand-Prize winner will be selected on November 5, 2013.
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES: Click here.
*Ancestry.com, at its own discretion, may select additional winners during the Promotional Periods.
About Kristie Wells
Kristie is Ancestry's Global Head of Social Media and Customer Engagement and is responsible for developing and managing the company's social media and social business offerings worldwide. She works with a team of community managers and social content developers to help educate Ancestry's existing customers, inspire new family historians and expand awareness into new social audiences and communities. She has a deep love of family history and is currently trying to break through the brick wall of her Christophier line (that we all know is really the 'Christopher' surname) and to one day prove - or disprove - the baron line of the Wells family. It shall be done.
[...] In the mean time, please join us in sending congrats to Heidi and if you want a chance to win your own Family History package, get your submission together, the next round starts on December 1st! [...]
[...] the Sweepstakes. Also, this is a new promotional period, so those of you who entered the contest in October will need to submit a new entry to be eligible for this [...]