Here are some great blog posts and videos that you might have missed this past week. Enjoy!
- Ancestry.com helps the authors of Empty Mansions uncover the surprising American story of Huguette Clark
- New Content: Nonconformists, Military Registers, Cali Marriages, and the Baker Roll
- Jim Parsons Finds Storied Ancestors from New Orleans to Versailles
- Tips for Translating Records
- Available Now: Family Tree Maker version 2014
- Ancestry Day San Francisco Style!
Archives Expert Series
- Getting the Most from Message Groups and Mailing List
- Your Homesteader Ancestors: Getting Past the Legends
- Using Tennessee Marriage Records
The Barefoot Genealogist: Crista Cowan
- Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker: What Your Ancestors’ Occupation Can Teach You
- Shoebox from Ancestry.com – It’s a Scanner in Your Pocket
About Anne Gillespie Mitchell
Anne Gillespie Mitchell is a Senior Product Manager at Ancestry.com. She is an active blogger on Ancestry.com and writes the Ancestry Anne column. She has been chasing her ancestors through Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina for many years. Anne holds a certificate from Boston University's Online Genealogical Research Program. You can also find her on Twitter, Facebook and Finding Forgotten Stories.