Includes updates on editing, sharing, tree viewing and TreeSync™ to make collaboration even easier.
Today we are releasing the 2014 version of Family Tree Maker, our family history software that enables enthusiasts to build and organize their family tree with greater ease. This update brings features such as enhanced editing to multiple reporting options, TreeSync and the new Family View.
Family View gives users the ability to control how they see their family tree and add information all while viewing extended family relationships. TreeSync gives users the ability to easily synchronize their tree with any online Ancestry.com tree, as well as keep their tree up-to-date from anywhere by allowing access from any computer, as well as iPhone or iPad.
Family Tree Maker version 2014 also comes with a free U.S. membership to Ancestry.com, which gives access to more than 9 billion historical records and 175 million historical photos and user submitted stories and 50 million family trees. The Ancestry.com membership seamlessly connects Family Tree Maker users to the largest family history community in the world, and helps find others researching the same ancestors so you can compare notes and progress your research together.
ADDITIONAL NEW FEATURES:
- New tools that allow users to sort children listed in a tree automatically by birth order and view people by location; grouping them by country, state, county and city.
- Enhanced viewing options, which allows users to display an individual’s ancestors, spouses, and children together. Also, the Index of Individuals Report has been expanded with options to add anniversaries, birthdays, contact lists and more.
- A new export function makes it simple to export a single branch of one’s family tree to a GEDCOM or Family Tree Maker file.
- New editing options that will save time when source citations, media items and notes are copied and pasted.
- New 64-bit support (this is something our customers have been really wanting on the PC
- Improved TreeSync™ A more robust TreeSync lets you sync even more of your family tree info.
Family Tree Maker version 2014 for windows is starting at $39.99 and is available now for purchase online at Ancestry.com, as well as in retail stores nationwide later this fall. The Mac version is scheduled for release in the next couple of months.
- Eric Shoup, Senior Vice President of Product for Ancestry.com: “We are always looking for ways to make family history exploration easier for the beginner and more functional and shareable for experts. The feedback we have received from users after releasing previous versions has been important in guiding our development of the new version, and makes sure we continue to evolve the product so that it continues to be the most versatile and user friendly family history software on the market.”
- Amy London, Family Tree Maker Customer:
I didn’t think I had enough information to discover anything, let alone use a software program. Then, to my amazement and delight, Family Tree Maker connected me to people, places and things that transformed my life story — in mere minutes. What a rewarding experience.