Ancestry Day San Francisco Style!

Posted by Anne Gillespie Mitchell on September 9, 2013 in Events

Do you live in the California Bay Area?  Looking for an excuse to visit?  Want to Learn more about Ancestry.com?  Then mark November 8th and 9th on your calendar and join us as we show you the ins and outs of Ancestry.com.

ancestryday

Join Ancestry.com in San Francisco at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco for a full day of family history, classes, genealogy book sale, door prizes and much more.

Classes from experts at Ancestry.com and the California Genealogical Society and Library (CGS) will help you take your family history research further than ever before.

In addition, personal consultations with CGS genealogy experts will be available.

Register now! Seats will be limited.

Stop by the Market Street Grand Foyer in the Hyatt Regency on Friday, November 8, between 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m., for a welcome reception and an opportunity to chat with experts from CGS and Ancestry.com.

Check-in and registration begins Saturday, November 9 at 7:30 a.m. at the Market Street Grand Foyer.

Classes include:

• Ancestry 101: New & Review
  • Smart Search Tips & Tricks
  • Searching and Writing Your Family History as You Go on Ancestry.com
  • Five Things to Try on Ancestry.com
  • Get To Know Our Family to Learn More About Yours
  • Putting Your Ancestors in Historical Perspective: Extracting Stories from Military Records on Ancestry.com and Fold3
  • The Internet is Just the Tip of the Iceberg

Register now!

“Early bird” registration for the full day is $38 (through Oct. 9th) and includes access to one-hour sessions 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. There will be a lunch break from 12 p.m.–1:30 p.m.

About Anne Gillespie Mitchell

Comments
1 jane knowles lindseySeptember 9, 2013 at 4:24 pm

We are looking forward to welcoming Ancestry.com to San Francisco for our second Ancestry Day San Francisco. We are gearing up for a great day with two wonderful speakers from Ancestry.com (Krista and Anne ) and our own Tim Cox who has a great presentation for you!
In addition to the informative classes where everyone will learn something no matter how long you have been researching, there will be a used book sale and some great door prizes!
Hope to see you there! ..jane

2 Deb DennewitzSeptember 15, 2013 at 10:55 am

I have a photo from 1906 of the Charter Members Waiters Union in San Francisco, California. It contains over 30 men. I would be willing to share if anyone was interested. I am also hoping someone may have more info regarding it for me. :) My grandfather is said to be one of the founding members. His name is Sigmund Frederick Schwartz.

3 Beverly VoigtSeptember 22, 2013 at 11:24 am

Wondering if there is a hotel discount for travelers…? I’m assuming it would have been mentioned but thought I’d check.

4 Valerie Martinez GomezNovember 8, 2013 at 10:08 am

I paid on line the 38.00 , but did not receive a receipt or confirmation number . My question is do I just check in on Sat and my name will show on a list ?
Thank-You
I am so excited , can’t wait for Sat

5 Lori WiarNovember 8, 2013 at 11:02 am

SO EXCITED!!! Flew up Tuesday so my cousin & I could synchronize our trees, outline what each of us wants to learn, and got a great deal on a room close enough to BART over for tonight, then all day Saturday!!!