A free update for Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 is now available. It contains improvements to TreeSync and a number of new features. When you open Family Tree Maker for Mac 2, you should be notified that an update is available. If you aren’t, go to the Family Tree Maker 2 menu and select “Check for Updates.”
- Private media items. If you have personal media items like birth certificates and photos of living family members that you don’t want to include in your online tree, you can keep them private on an item-by-item basis when you sync (or export) your tree.
- Improved backup and restore. It’s easier to keep your online and desktop trees synced if you encounter an issue; previously, if you had to use a backup file, your tree wouldn’t sync anymore and you’d have to upload a new version. With this update, you can back up a synced tree and restore it if you have any problems.
- Synced Web links. If you’ve added Web links for individuals or URLs in source citations, these will now be included when you sync your tree.
- Printable sync log. Now you can print a list of all the changes that will be made to your online tree.
- More reports. This update includes a number of new reports: an index of individuals that lists every individual in your tree and their birth, marriage, and death dates; a notes reports that lets you display person, research, relationship, or facts notes for an individual; and a surname report that lists the surnames in your tree, including the total number of individuals with that surname.
- New report options. The descendant and Ahnentafel reports have been updated and the descendant report includes additional numbering systems. New sorting options have also been added to the custom report.
- Organizational tool for places. The larger your tree gets, the more locations you have to keep track of. On the Places workspace, locations are now grouped together by country, state, county, and city to make them easier to look at and sort through.