Posted by on February 2, 2012 in Events, Social Media

Ancestry.com is going to RootsTech 2012 and we want you to join us. We will be Livestreaming during the entire event, streaming various presentations from February 2 – February 4.

February 3, 2012

Sandra Crowley

3:00 – 4:00 pm
Google’s Toolbar and Genealogy
David Barney

February 4, 2012

8:30 – 9:30 am
Making the Most of Technology to Further the Family History Industry Tim Sullivan

9:45 – 10:45 am
Genealogy Podcasts and Blogs 101
Lisa Louise Cooke

11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Future of FamilySearch Family Tree
Ron Tanner

1:45 – 2:45 pm
Privacy in a Collaborative Environment
Noah Tutak

At RootsTech, family historians of all skill levels will learn technology-based solutions to accelerate their research. Take a look at what you’ll experience at this year’s conference:

Discover how new and emerging technologies can simplify your research:

• Learn from world leaders in genealogy and technology
  • Help leading-edge technology providers better understand your needs
  • Get a sneak peek at new products and services
  • Participate in hands-on workshops
  • Contribute to interactive presentations and panels
  • Take part in impromptu discussions with many of our sponsors

RootsTech is sponsored by Ancestry.com, Microsoft, Dell, FamilySearch, the Federation of Genealogical Societies, the National Genealogical Society, brightsolid, Archives.com, the New England Historic Genealogical Society, the Association of Professional Genealogists and Brigham Young University.

REGENIA D CAMPBELL

I have learned so much thank you already posted to my FB profile page and my SW VA genealogy group I set up.

February 2, 2012 at 4:36 pm
Mary Ruppert

Thank You so much. I have learned so much already that I never knew.

February 2, 2012 at 4:39 pm
branded items

There were some stuffs that I learned in the workshop so I was ready to try it own my self. Since I really wanted to learn so I made a shot in doing it. Turns out well and all I need to do is a couple more of tweaks. And also the discussion about impromptu was great because so many contributed about there ideas and thoughts.

February 3, 2012 at 1:48 am
Judy

The one I really want to watch is on at a time I will be away from the computer. Will it be replayed?

February 3, 2012 at 10:50 am
CampbellJill

We haven’t been able to see anything yet!

February 3, 2012 at 12:44 pm
Nick Cifuentes

The video player should appear on the blog post, if you don’t see it, try refreshing the page, it is playing though.

February 3, 2012 at 12:46 pm
CampbellJill

I’m talking about the live stream/facebook site, not working correctly.

February 3, 2012 at 12:49 pm
Gardiner genealogy | Goldengatecons

[...] Ancestry.com LIVE @ RootsTech 2012: Watch It Live for Free! [...]

February 4, 2012 at 4:25 am
CampbellJill

I have been watching at RootsTech and it’s not the same content as promised here.

February 4, 2012 at 9:05 am
ABBIE DEE

you let people who have no connections to a family what so ever post stuff on families they are not kin too..its an invasion of privacy… if I wanted my info made public I would do it myself… its not right that you people do not research your members ..they shoud have to prove they are connected to a family anf that tere are no living relatives before its published as their own…

February 4, 2012 at 12:28 pm
swayaminfotech

Thank You so much. I have learned so much already that I never knew.

February 5, 2012 at 10:03 pm
Darlene Lewis

Thank you for a peak into the preservation of family records, pictures etc. Currently working on my own “Extended family Tree”. We post the living, to connect to the past. The living in genealogy are protected on all public web sites. Records found are public knowledge, with a fee or Free! I will not be around in 2060, but my descendants will have access to their Ancestors via the insight of the 2012 conference. Again, Thanks!

February 7, 2012 at 7:16 pm
Andy Hatchett

Darlene Re: #12

With the advancements in both medicine and technology, I *might* make it to 2060 and be able to see myself on the 1980 census- although I would be 117. *GRIN*

Andy Hatchett