Wouldn’t it be great to be able to view and merge Ancestry.com’s “shaky leaf” record hints into your family tree directly on your iPhone, iPad or iPod? We thought so, too.
Today, we announced the availability of an enhanced version 3 of our iPhone, iPad and iPod app, Ancestry, that now offers several new features:
- Ability to access Ancestry.com’s “shaky leaf” hints for new discoveries of historical records about your ancestors directly in the app
- Merge functionality that identifies and extracts information about family members from historical records to help you grow your tree
- In-app purchasing, allowing non-subscribers to access record hints without a subscription
- Improved ability to add information to photos
- Ability to easily change your family tree privacy settings
- A more stable app with better performance
Don’t have an Apple iOS device? Don’t worry, our Android app is in beta testing and will be available in late December for download.
For more information, or to download the app, visit http://www.ancestry.com/iphone
About Kendall Hulet
Kendall Hulet has served as our Senior Vice President of Product Management at Ancestry since March 2015. He joined the Company in 2003 has held a variety of roles in the product organization including Director of International Product Management and most recently Vice President of Product Management for AncestryDNA. During his tenure, he was deeply involved in some of the most popular innovations at Ancestry, including the “Shaky Leaf” hinting system that has delivered over five billion discoveries; the Ancestry Family Tree system that has led to the creation of over 70 million family trees containing six billion ancestors; and the creation of the award winning Ancestry mobile app, which has been downloaded more than 12 million times.