Family Tree Maker 2012 Webinar Tonight

Posted by Tana L. Pedersen on November 9, 2011 in Family Tree Maker, Webinars

Join the Family Tree Maker team tonight, Wednesday, November 9th at 8:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time) for a free webinar that will teach you about the new features in Family Tree Maker 2012. You’ll learn about:

• TreeSync—the ability to link and synchronize your desktop tree with an online tree at Ancestry.
  • The new blended families display option.
  • The new descendancy report.

You can even get questions answered by the developers who work on the software. Information will apply to both PC and Mac users.

It’s not too late—you can still register for the webinar by clicking here.

Comments
1 Garry ChampionNovember 9, 2011 at 10:11 am

When will the next Mac version of FTM be out and will it include TreeSync?

2 Andy HatchettNovember 9, 2011 at 11:21 am

Yes, it will include TreeSync… and I heard it would be released around November 20th.

3 pat wellsNovember 9, 2011 at 1:12 pm

If you post your family tree on Ancestry.com and then decide to discontinue your enrollment, is your tree available to others at Ancestry.com?

4 Douglas GriffethNovember 9, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I purchased the Mac 2 version earlier this week. I found the original Mac Family Tree Maker, purchased over a year ago, to be totally inadequate and poorly documented.

I am betting $50 (the cost of Mac 2) that this version is VASTLY improved over the original one! :-) )

5 Ancestry memberNovember 9, 2011 at 3:00 pm

#3 Pat:

I think so, unless you delete it.

6 Andy HatchettNovember 9, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Pat Re:#3

Yes – if the following conditions are met.
1) It is a public tree
2) It is a private tree that you have invited others to view, contribute to, or edit. Those functions will still be available to your invitees.
3). It is a private non-indexed tree to which you have given the URL to others.

Be aware however that any links to anything in Ancestry’s databases will no longer display the images.

7 Ken AnderssonNovember 9, 2011 at 7:42 pm

When do yu expect to have an Android App

8 John DonaldsonNovember 10, 2011 at 3:31 am

# 7 Ken

The AMT Android app is in beta, so not far away

John D

9 John DonaldsonNovember 10, 2011 at 3:32 am

Another good webinar

Well done Duff and Michelle (and helpers)

John D

10 marciwilliams1November 11, 2011 at 12:04 am

I purchase your new tree software and have done nothing withit I am lost I missed your on line session and so I have no idea how to begin I want to install the software but I don’t want to make any mistakes can I get help?Is ther going to be another session?Are you going to set up a tutorial so we can go to it if we get “stuck”

11 Peter MasonNovember 11, 2011 at 4:44 am

The webinar does not work now after the event.

Through the e-mail invites received previously it loads then there is a long period of chat between two employees and when Duff is finally heard the visual slides do not change.

Trying to access this webinar through the Ancestry.com website, the videos screen does not appear even though I have the latest version of Flash installed and installing it again makes no difference!

Please fix this.

12 Andy HatchettNovember 11, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Peter Re: #11

The recording hasn’t been archived yet but will be available for viewing next week. It seems that the person who knows how to pull it down and make it available for viewing is out of the office intil then.

13 key loggerNovember 12, 2011 at 12:58 am

So on which date(next week) recording will be available?

14 Anthony BombichNovember 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I missed the webinar, but have several questions. My wife has an extensive family tree on an old version of FTM, Version 7.0 for Win 95, 98. Can this be updated to the current version of FTM? If so, can this tree then be sync’d to ancestry.com I have my family tree on Ancestry.com. Can it be sync’d to FTM?

15 Andy HatchettNovember 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Key Logger Re: #13

AFAIK, no one knows at this point. They only said “next week”.

16 TrixieNovember 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm

So, why don’t you take the link down until the webinar actually works?

17 JeffNovember 17, 2011 at 6:10 pm

The link was down, now it’s back. At least someone is trying :-)

19 JeffNovember 17, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Check your email address you used to register for the webinar. I just got notice of the replay available and was able to view it. The replay is hosted by the same web site that hosted the live version. Just enter the email address you registered with and launch.

20 cliffNovember 19, 2011 at 10:03 am

when FMT 2012 is loaded, it requires loads and requires Microsoft.Netframework 4 extentions.
However I can find no way of stopping MS.Net reloading the same 3 updates every time the computer is switched on.
Ancestry customer service refuse to help

21 DickNovember 22, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Just reviewed the FTM 2012 webinar and enjoyed it very much. It cleared up several questions I had regarding ‘link/sync’.

Well Done