Posted by on September 27, 2011 in Ancestry.com Site

We’ve been working hard on an Android version of the Ancestry mobile app, and we’re looking for Android users to help us test an early beta version. If you are interested in being a beta tester, regularly use an Android phone or tablet, and are an Ancestry.com subscriber, please click here to take a short survey. We will contact a small group of respondents that meet our requirements. Watch this space for future testing opportunities and announcements on the Android app’s progress.

Survey link: http://ancestry.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0TWfUEG80omFPgw

Aylarja

Not an Android user, but if you ever decide to develop a Windows Phone 7 (or 7.5) version of your mobile app, I’ll be happy to test.

September 27, 2011 at 11:26 am
SAS

Same hear I would love a Win Phone version think of the metro interface and Ancestry it would work lovely.

September 27, 2011 at 12:22 pm
Letitia Ringo

I just took the survey to be a Android Beta tester but I used the name laringo…. the correct user name is
letitiaboutte

September 27, 2011 at 1:11 pm
John Donaldson

I have completed the survey

John D

September 27, 2011 at 5:06 pm
darstover

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet and HTC Incredible phone, would love to beta test, thanks

September 27, 2011 at 8:12 pm
Laura Thomson

Sooooooooo happy we will finally have an android app!!!!!

September 28, 2011 at 5:57 am
barb Luster

I’ve been waiting for this application to come out! Please, I will be more than happy to test.

September 28, 2011 at 6:23 am
Barb Aubert

I have a tablet and tried accessing my tree online once. It was not good so an app would be GREATLY appreciated. I don’t think I make a good tester because I only seem to focus on my needs versus options in an entire program. I want to say a BIG THANKS to those who will be the testers. Remember, think about how everyone could use the program. Thanks again.

September 28, 2011 at 9:46 am
Tom Duescher

Have an HTC phone and just placed an order for the Amazon Fire tablet – Hopefully they have made it open enough to run standard droid apps.

September 30, 2011 at 1:41 pm
nancy

So ready for this app for the droid. It would be great for those family get together s so that things can be added on the spot or shared to jog memories in older family members. Hope the beta testing goes quickly. Did the survey but haven’t heard yet.

October 1, 2011 at 7:10 am
Sarah

I cant wait, seriously hope I’m chosen to beta test. I love poking and prodding into different features, and having to teach my b/fs mom how to use FTM has taught me to think in some REALLY different ways. LOL

October 1, 2011 at 9:28 am
Karen

I completed the survey the other day. I have a HTC Thunderbolt 4G and a Samsung Galaxy Tab Very anzious for this feature.

October 1, 2011 at 10:15 am
Tammi

I am so excited about this. This will make life easy when I’m in the library, cemetery or where ever.

October 2, 2011 at 3:45 am
nat

Would love to participate. Sometimes, using ancestry crashes my tablet browser.

October 2, 2011 at 6:59 am
Leonard

Had an iphone and used the ancestry app all the time but phone got damaged and I switched to the HTC Thunderbolt. Thanks Ancestry for responding to the android market. Would be more than happy to beta test the app.

October 3, 2011 at 9:54 am
Brian

@Tom Duescher, the Fire will be able to get apps from Amazon’s Appstore (no reason Ancestry can’t offer the app there) and will also allow sideloaded apps (without rooting) at least that’s what Amazon’s said so far.

I too am happy to see an Android app in the offing. I’ve got an Epic 4G (Galaxy S) and an Asus Transformer and I’d love to have it on both my devices.

October 5, 2011 at 9:44 pm
bobby walker

SO happy to hear about the beta. I completed the servey and have 2 android phones and an android tablet. Computer nerd for a living doing betas for work too. I will beta the pants off this app. :-)

October 7, 2011 at 10:03 pm