Join Ancestry.com at the IAJGS Conference in August

Posted by Heather Erickson on June 24, 2011 in Events

There is nothing like meeting and connecting with fellow genealogists. So mark your calendar and join Ancestry.com at the IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy in Washington, DC, August 14-19.

This is the 31st year that IAJGS (International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies) has hosted this conference and we’re excited to be involved for another year. With more than 200 sessions for beginner to expert genealogists, this 6-day conference is invaluable for helping you uncover your family history mysteries. Attend breakfast with experts for help with “brickwalls.” Have lunch and mingle with others researching your ancestral region or surname. And get a chance to meet and talk to the people who design the tools at Ancestry.com that help you discover your family history.

Need more information? You’ll find all the details and be able to register at http://dc2011.org/. Plus, register before August 1 and you’ll save $30 on your registration costs.

About Heather Erickson
Heather Erickson is Head of Global Communications for Ancestry.com and has been with the company since 2009.

Comments
1 Gale SmithJune 26, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I want to make a print out sorted by place name but cannot find how to do that. Nor do I see where I can post a question like this. Could you possibly help me. Thank you.

2 herbert egnaJune 27, 2011 at 10:53 am

none

3 DarylJune 27, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Yes I would like the same thing!

4 Andy HatchettJune 27, 2011 at 8:56 pm

A printout from what?

member tree?… Post your question on the Ancestry Mermber Trees Message Board:

A printout from FTM?… Post your question to the Ancestry Family Tree Maker Message Board:

5 RobinJune 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm

You lied it’s not free

6 Tony CousinsJune 29, 2011 at 11:11 am

Hi Andy
Looks like the blogs are no longer what they used to be, where are the real meaty discussions, this really is just an advertising page for Ancestry – shame. I really miss the old Ancestry Blogs.

TonyC

7 Tony CousinsJune 29, 2011 at 11:36 am

Hey Andy

I worked it out, they’re just waiting for the blog to go away just like old search :)

TonyC

8 KaylaJune 29, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I feel as though I can do almost nothing without giving out my credit card information- this is a little bit of a problem for me, guys!

9 BEEJune 29, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Nice to see some “comments” – everyone must have been on vacation!
Andy, thank you for the link to the message boards.
I’ve read some of the posts now and then, but the reason I like the “blog”, it’s so easy to make a comment – I have yet to figure out how to do that on the message board! I’m sure it’s a simple procedure, but I haven’t found it! Duh!!

10 Andy HatchettJune 29, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Tony Re: #6
Both the Blog and the message boards are in the usual summer doldrums.

My guess- and it is only a guess- is that Ancestry is busy trying to finish a few things before the rollout of FTM 2012 and Springfield FGS Convention in September.

I believe things should pick up around mid-August or so.

11 Andy HatchettJune 29, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Kayla Re: #7

There is a lot of free stuff on Ancestry but if you are talking about access to actual databases, the yes, a paid subscription is required (except for the few free ones available).

Ancestry is, after all, a for-profit business.

12 Andy HatchettJune 29, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Bee Re: #9

Replying to a post on a message board is easy.

In the lower right hand corner of each message is a like that says “Reply” (in light green letters).

Just click that and a reply box just like the one here on the Blog opens up, type your reply and hit the orange “Post” button at the bottom.

13 ejaculation precoceJune 30, 2011 at 6:14 am

very amazing and impressive blog

14 impuissanceJune 30, 2011 at 6:15 am

good job

15 scwbcmJune 30, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Ouch! Where did the sources go? Is there an official message about this somewhere?

16 RPeaJune 30, 2011 at 2:23 pm

hehe… that means its break time to rest your eyes and stretch your limbs. =)

17 BEEJune 30, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Hi Andy, hope someone is monitoring this blog.
Thank you for your answer – I don’t know how I missed it.

18 Chris FieldsJune 30, 2011 at 2:25 pm

There was a disaster at a data center, and it is being worked on: http://search.ancestry.com.

19 Tony CousinsJune 30, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Chris #18 – Sorry – the link doesn’t work – a bit like Ancestry a while ago:)

What was the disaster?

20 Tony CousinsJune 30, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Re Disaster….

Did someone lean of the big red button that carries a sign – “Do Not Touch”

21 Tony CousinsJune 30, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Andy re #10 Blog articles started by Ancestry

2009 April-17, May-13, June-14, July-11
2010 April-18, May-21, June-11, July-8
2011 April-9 , May-3 , June-3 , July-?

Looks like summer started a little early this year!

22 Tony CousinsJune 30, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Temporary problems my eye (or something similar):)

23 Andy HatchettJune 30, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Bee Re: # 17

I look forward to your comments on the boards!
;)

24 BEEJuly 1, 2011 at 7:17 pm

When I click “reply” on the boards, it brings up my “user name” which is different then the pen name I use on the blog, and I don’t see any way to change it, so I’m not sure you would recognize me,
Andy {unless it would be through some “dumb” question!}
Happy 4th of July, everyone!