Family Tree Maker: The Web Dashboard

When you’re online Family Tree Maker connects directly to Ancestry.com so you can take advantage of the website’s valuable genealogy resources without ever leaving the software. One of these resources is the Web Dashboard. In versions 2010 and 2011 it gives you quick access to your Ancestry.com subscription; you can log in to your account, view your subscription expiration date, and access your Ancestry Member Trees. The Dashboard can also display a live news feed that tells you the latest news from Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker.

To view the Web Dashboard, go to the Plan workspace. You can click the Options link to select what types of information will appear and how often the data will be refreshed.

And new in 2011, the Dashboard contains Member Connect activity, links to message boards, and notification of new Ancestry messages. Simply click the link to access the record or message on Ancestry.com

Comments

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Ancestry.com, Photos Reunited. Photos Reunited said: RT @Ancestrydotcom: Family Tree Maker: The Web Dashboard http://bit.ly/aqHnOB [...]

2 Chad StrunkNovember 15, 2010 at 11:58 am

Could someone change the graphic to something other than a TIF please? Browsers do not understand TIF.

3 AylarjaNovember 15, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Echoing Chad Strunk above. The graphic above is in a TIF format, which is not web-friendly. Should be a JPEG.

4 Deb HNovember 15, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Image box is blank – just a red “X” in the upper left corner

5 Tana L. PedersenNovember 15, 2010 at 3:44 pm

A simple oversight on the image. It has been fixed.

6 elizabethNovember 15, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Iam lookin for my father in guatemala I dont wan eani more information abaut nathin else thankU

7 Douglas GriffethNovember 15, 2010 at 11:42 pm

I need to transfer my online family tree (Griffeth Family Tree) to my newly installed Mac version of 2010 Family Tree Maker. I am the editor, but not the creator of this tree with more than 10,000 ancestors. The person who created the tree is the husband of a distant cousin.

Please tell me how I can download my tree to my desktop.

Thank you.
Douglas Griffeth

8 Tana L. PedersenNovember 16, 2010 at 10:49 am

# 7
Douglas, because you are not the creator of the tree, you cannot download it. However, you can request that the owner download a GEDCOM of it for you. This option is available in your tree when you click the Tree Settings link at the top of window.

9 Clara OwenNovember 16, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Tana I am wanting to purchase The Companion Guide to FTM for my iMac. Which one is for the new software for iMac. It seems as if I have waited for years for the software now I need your guide. Thank You, Clara Owen

10 Tana L. PedersenNovember 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm

# 9

Clara, The Companion Guide for the Mac is included as a PDF within the software. You can access it by going to the Help menu and choosing Companion Guide. However, if you’d prefer a printed version, you can purchase one at the Ancestry Store at http://store.ancestry.com/ProductDetail.aspx?P=P-4857.

11 ugg fashionNovember 17, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Such a lovely project and your photos are magical!
I love this. The light is so warm and inviting.

12 John DonaldsonNovember 19, 2010 at 1:49 am

# 9 Clara

There is a PDF copy accessed from within FTM from the the Help Menu and you can also buy a copy of the book from Ancestry on this link http://store.ancestry.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=P-4857

John D

13 Clara OwenNovember 21, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for the help. I feel as if I am going up the down staircase. Clara Owen

14 Don AlbersNovember 25, 2010 at 12:30 am

Please design a merge icon in the Ancestry.com online tree. I do not use a resident PC connection. I do not fell that retirees should be forced to upgrade to a FTM program when they are upgraded each year. I have a bunch of duplicate individual names and if I delete one it was the wrong one, Need to merge the two names. This missing online merge is very frustrating [ VERY FRUSTRATING] when it it is not there.