Posted by on September 15, 2010 in Ancestry.com Site

The Ancestry.com Family Tree Service will undergo scheduled maintenance Thursday for about 3 hours beginning at 12:01 AM Mountain Time. (6:01 AM GMT, 2:01 AM Eastern, 1:01 AM Central, 11:01 PM Pacific)

During this time Ancestry Member Trees, OneWorldTree, some portions of My Canvas, the sections of the Home Page that are related to Member Trees, and the sections of MyFamily.com that are related to Member Trees will be unavailable.

Sherry

I wish you would do maintenance on your databases.

Three years ago, I asked that you include the second page of the birth registrations in Ontario that are missing……….they are still missing!!

The second page is critical. Do you have an idea when this will happen……if ever!

September 15, 2010 at 4:52 pm
caroline

We could certainly use some maintenance…I can’t even add a marriage to my ancestor…and how about having someone available for longer hours on the West Coast,,,it’s still the middle of the afternoon when you close down here.

September 15, 2010 at 9:24 pm
beth

The last maintenance was 8/25/10. That’s not even a full month…and it always affects Member Trees. What’s the point of searching for records if you can’t save them to the tree or to the toolbox while maintenance is under way?? I just have to repeat the search when service is restored.

September 15, 2010 at 9:31 pm
Carol A. H.

I think finally someone can tell time and dates correctly! Go ahead, “maintenance away.”

September 15, 2010 at 10:53 pm
Marg

Programming Suggestions:

Add a Save Draft feature to Messages;

Allow attachments sent with Messages;

Program people files so when I want to save a person to another tree an exact copy of all historical documents in the file will transfer over, not just the name, with no records erased.

I agree with Caroline #2 about extended hours for us on the West Coast.

September 16, 2010 at 12:56 am
BEE

Ditto to #1 – I’m still waiting for three Pgh, PA WWI Draft Registration records to be visible. I clicked on “report problem” – years ago when I encountered the problem with the first one, followed by emails after I found two others.
I won’t even go into the problem with the WWII records – “Ancestry is aware of this problem, and is working to correct this issue.”

September 16, 2010 at 6:18 am
Scott Brown

Hi Jen,

Got problems. I am now unable to login to Ancestry after the maintenance. Login just hangs.

Progress bar hits the “e” in secure and just stays there.

Need help bad!

September 18, 2010 at 7:45 am
Joanne Walsh

I am having so many problems with the website log in and search. I doesn’t hold on to my username and password. When searching my info goes away and it offers me a 14 day trial, even though I have a subscription.
I haven’t been able to do anything for a very long time.

Help and Thanks