Join Ancestry.com at the St. George Family History Expo

Posted by on February 4, 2010 in Company News

Join Ancestry.com at the St. George Family History Expo for family history, classes, vendors and much, much more.

2010 St. George Family History Expo
February 26-27, 2010
Dixie Convention Center, St. George, Utah

Expo Classes – Expo registration required to attend
Register to attend the expo’s two full days of family history classes taught by the nation’s top experts and professionals.

The expo’s classes include the following taught by Ancestry.com experts:

• Getting the Most out of Your Ancestry.com Subscription
  • Best Strategies for Searching Ancestry.com
  • Tapping into the Ancestry.com and RootsWeb Community

Register today to attend the St. George Family History Expo.

Exhibit Hall – Free to the Public
Stop by the Ancestry.com booth in the expo’s exhibit hall where Ancestry.com experts will be on hand to answer questions about Ancestry.com, Family Tree Maker, MyCanvas and more. And don’t miss special expo discounts on various Ancestry.com products.

The exhibit hall also features family history vendors from across the country. The exhibit hall is free to the public and is open:

• Friday, February 26: 9 am- 6 pm
  • Saturday, February 27: 9 am – 5 pm

Digitize Your Family Records – Free to the Public
Ancestry.com is excited to provide St. George Family History Expo attendees the opportunity to have their family photos and documents scanned at the expos, for free, on our professional scanning equipment. It’s a unique opportunity to have your family history records digitized!

Expo attendees can sign up for 15-minute scanning sessions to be held during the exhibit hall hours. Scanning-session signs-ups will open each morning—sign up Friday morning for a Friday time slot, Saturday morning for a Saturday time slot.

Will you be bringing items to scan? Please help us plan accordingly by letting us know how much and what you’ll be bringing at the following link: http://2010stgeorgescanning.eventbrite.com/

Register today to attend the St. George Family History Expo.
We hope to see you there!

Comments
1 robert hendryFebruary 5, 2010 at 10:58 am

How do you get family members to help. I have some whjo have boxes of photos but will not help.

2 John ComerFebruary 6, 2010 at 10:19 am

I was billed for a years service when I after I approved a subscription for 3 month and a quarter a total of 19+ and 155. When I expect to be billed only for three months. the information is not clear. I am not authorizing any one to take from my account payment for any future additional subscription payment with out notification. I am surprise and unhappy with the business practice of extending my subscription without or any authorization with out complete understanding on my part. John Comer

3 DeborahFebruary 6, 2010 at 11:16 am

I can’t see where to post a question I have with FTM 2010. Is there a place to post these questions?

My grandfathers parents never married each other. They did marry other people. I have all the data entered, but can’t see to show them together as his unmarried parents in the family tree view. I’m trying to enter the direct biological line backwards and how that be in the view, though enter the other spouses and kids (not show in the primary view). If any of this makes sense will be grateful for help where to post the question or the answer to the question. Thanks much.

4 Andy HatchettFebruary 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm

John Re: #2

Did you read the full subscription agreement? The terms are very clearly stated.

When you subscribed you agreed to those terms and did, in fact, authorize future renewals unless you contacted Ancestry before the renewal date to cancel your subscription.

That said, contact Ancestry by phone and I’m sure they will work something out with you.

Andy

Ancestry.com’s OneWorldTree, like Carthage, must be destroyed.

5 Andy HatchettFebruary 6, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Deborah Re; #3

Questions about FTM2010 should be posted to the FMT Message Board at the link below:

Andy

Ancestry.com’s OneWorldTree, like Carthage, must be destroyed.

6 DeborahFebruary 6, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Thanks so much Andy. I also got a response from ancestry support. Which helped.

Deborah

7 BromaelorFebruary 9, 2010 at 12:47 pm

This blog is now becoming nothing more than a joke!
Either stop allowing no-hopers to post requests for support or close it down!