Posted by on January 23, 2010 in Site Status

If you are still seeing the “Check back soon” page, try clearing your cache. To do this, please see the instructions in the Ancestry.com Help page at http://bit.ly/76G7CA.

After clearing your cache, if you are still having difficulties, please email AncestryBlog@ancestry.com, and include your username and detailed information about your situation (including browser being used and URL of problem page), so we can help resolve any issues you are having.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused and truly appreciate your patience through this situation.

I can help resolve this issue if you will email me at AncestryBlog@ancestry.com.  An email will allow the Support Team to contact you directly so we can help you resolve this issue.

Mary

I am on IE from Vista and I am still getting a check back soon page. I’ve followed the instructions to clear out the cache. I have routine updates on Vista so I am certain I have the latest edition. Please post further instructions for all of us.
Thanks!

January 24, 2010 at 2:21 am
Andy Hatchett

Mary Re: #1

They *have* posted further inscructions.

In a nutshell they have posted all the general fixes and from here on out it is on a case by case basis.

If you still have problems then you *have* to send them e-mail at the address they gave so they can communicate directly with you (maybe even call you?) to solve your problem.

Posting here won’t get the job done.
Follow their directions- *e-mail them*.

January 24, 2010 at 5:51 am
Herretoej

Its going really smooth for me, I think I wont be needing to clear any cookies or what ever, as things are going really great for me.

January 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm
sharon

I have been unable to access Ancestry for 4 days now, just get Check back soon. tried getting on site in a different way but unable to log in with password etc

January 25, 2010 at 9:19 am
Carol Hensler

I’m not getting any “check back soon”, but ancestry.com ran terribly slow all day

January 25, 2010 at 10:47 pm
Kevin F. Hibbert

Getting a hang and check back soon when trying to get the FTMVistaUpdater.msi from your http://www.familytreemaker.com/FTM16/VistaUpdate.aspx link

January 25, 2010 at 11:01 pm
sharon

Still unable to connect, still have check back soon page. I have tried connecting to Ancestry.com but although you can look up details you are unable to log in

January 26, 2010 at 3:11 am
A.N.BRADLEY

I AM STILL RECEIVING THE CHECK BACK LATER PAGE .I AM USING VISTA.I CANNOT REACH YOU ON THE ANCESTRY BLOG SITE.CAN YOU PLEASE SUGGEST ANY OTHER WAY I CAN GET IN TOUCH..
THANKS
A.N.BRADLEY

January 26, 2010 at 4:10 am
Sylvia

I am having heaps of problems,could not access my World Heritage,I had to access Ancestry through Family Tree Maker. Lost half of my info on my 2 trees,I since deleted one and just working to replace all the data.Then it will not always accept the data,comes up with http:/ in place of the name etc. Anyone else pulling their hair out in frustration?

January 26, 2010 at 5:42 am
Betty L. Gaeng

Ever since you went to your latest format, Ancestry has never been the same. I am still getting the check back soon page after following instructions.

January 26, 2010 at 8:16 am
peggy

Still getting “error can not process” for links to newspaper articles, etc.

January 30, 2010 at 3:49 am