Posted by on January 7, 2010 in Company News

Are you getting the most out of your Ancestry.com subscription? Need ideas to help you grow and organize your family tree? If so, don’t miss

Family History Day 2010 — Boston
Saturday, February 20, 2010 – 8 am to 4 pm
Westin Copley Place, Boston, Massachusetts

Ancestry.com and the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) are excited to sponsor a Family History Day in Boston. The day will include

• 6 fantastic classes to help you grow your tree
  • Ancestry.com experts on hand to answer your questions
  • Chances to meet one-on-one with genealogists from NEHGS
  • Opportunities to have photos and documents scanned on high-speed scanners
  • And much more!

The cost for attendance is only $30, which includes parking. Register today to attend Family History Day 2010 in Boston!

Family History Classes
Get pro tips and guidance from the experts at Ancestry.com and the New England Historic Genealogical Society in these incredible classes:

• Getting the Most out of Your Ancestry.com Subscription — Get an inside look at the historical records and tree-building tools on Ancestry.com.
  • Tapping into the Ancestry.com Community – Find out how to access and communicate with the world’s largest online community of family historians
  • Getting the Most from Family Tree Maker — Learn how Family Tree Maker can help you effectively organize, manage, and share your family history.
  • Best Strategies for Searching Ancestry.com — Discover how to search the more than 4 billion records on Ancestry.com like a pro.
  • Discover NEHGS: Your Family History Resource -- Uncover how the New England Historic Genealogical Society can further your research.
  • Organize, Organize, Organize -- Avoid the “paper trap” with proven methods to track the progress of your research and plan the best next steps.

Sign up now for Family History Day 2010 in Boston.

One-on-One Consultations with an Expert Genealogist – Free
Hit a brick-wall in your research? Sit down with a professional genealogist who can help answer your research questions during free consultations offered throughout the day. Genealogists from NEHGS will be on-hand to help you outline resources for getting started, breaking through brick-walls, organizing, writing, and other tasks.

Digitize Your Family Records – Free
Ancestry.com is excited to provide Family History Day attendees the opportunity to have their family photos and historical documents scanned on our professional scanning equipment. It’s a unique opportunity to have your family history records digitized!

Register today to attend the Family History Day in Boston, sponsored by Ancestry.com and the New England Historic Genealogical Society. We hope to see you there!

James

This sounds great, but when will you have one in Kentucky?

Regards,

January 7, 2010 at 5:53 pm
Dorothy Lindquist

I would love to come but it is not possible. Are you planning to tape the event so that we can see it on Ancestry.com? Our Ancestry.com User’s Group would love to see the classes.

From the Evergreen State which is famous for its trees.

January 7, 2010 at 10:02 pm
Andy Hatchett

Ancestry.com has local User Groups??

Who Knew!

Where can I get a list?

January 7, 2010 at 10:56 pm
Anastasia Tyler

We likely won’t be video taping the classes, but may I suggest the Ancestry.com webinars? These online seminars cover various topics about using Ancestry.com — Getting Started, Search, even doing research in specific record sets.

Webinars are found in the Learning Center — from the Learning Center dropdown menu, click on Webinars: Online Seminars. You can also access them here: http://learn.ancestry.com/LearnMore/Webinars.aspx

January 8, 2010 at 7:53 am
Jane Bamberger

I also would like to know about local User Groups.. Is there a list? I live in Upstate NY and I am going to try to attend.

January 10, 2010 at 6:38 am
Carol A. H.

Dorothy (#2) didn’t say and I didn’t know, but the Evergreen State is Washington.

Ancestry User Groups would be a great idea. Think of all the jobs it would create if an Ancestry expert could be in other places besides Utah. It would help ease some of the burden on the support group, which by the way, is wonderful and absolutely necessary, for me.

So does any other place have an Ancestry User Group or not? Our local Genealogical Society has monthly meetings and we have a computer expert who has a class before the regular meeting.

We need more than just Webinars!

Lucky you, Jane, #5.

January 11, 2010 at 12:10 am
Andy Hatchett

I don’t see Ancestry User Groups creating jobs at all.

I’m talking about Ancestry members in a given location forming their own group to meet and discuss. help, educate, each other and anyone else who attends their meetings.

Like TMG User Groups, Legacy User Groups, etc.

January 11, 2010 at 3:53 pm
David Briggs

Is the Westin Copley giving special room rates to attendees?

January 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm
rena mayberry

Please tell us what we need to bring to hold our digitized records: thumb drive? CD?

January 16, 2010 at 3:39 pm
Hans A(h)renhold

Hello! I found so many interesting persons to whom I would try to find contact – I don´t know wether my efforts
would appreciated! I would like an opportunity (combined with my membership)
to write a firm and fixed information
to each person whom I want to contact!
Please forgive if anything is not correct
Good bye and so long Hans Arenold