Today we updated the preview of our new family tree pedigree view. The updates are based on feedback our members have sent to us as they have experimented with the new view. In all, thousands of feedback messages have been sent and have been very helpful.
Based on the feedback we’ve received we are making several changes to the preview. The result is a visual style more akin to our current pedigree viewer while retaining what’s great about the new one – the ability to pan & zoom, extend beyond 5 generations and do a full-screen view. The changes to the preview include:
- Highlighting hints better
- Making fonts easier to read
- Making the look and feel of the nodes “warmer”
- Making a skinnier 5th generation node so we can fit more nodes on the page in the same vertical height
- Changing the navigation when you click on a name. It will now take you to the ancestor profile page instead of making that node the “focus” node.
- We’ve made the preview “sticky” so that once you enter it we’ll make that your preferred view until you click to exit the preview.
You can see these changes in your own family tree by clicking the link to “Check out a preview of the new pedigree view…” at the top of the pedigree view in your own family tree.